• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

What food to prepare??

Awenlock

HI everyone, due to a cancellation I am now having my gastric bypass on Tuesday, what kind of foods should I get ready for when I get home? Will I just be on liquids or soft stuff??

How long is the average stay in hospital?

Thanks in advance :) xxx

Average stay is two nights,one on hdu then one on ordinary ward or private room then home if everything is ok ie peeing/pooping,walking,coughing,wounds healing well and your bp etc are all ok.
Sloppy weetabix,soup,sloppy mash and gravy.In fact soup and slop!lol it doesnt last long and you wont be hungry anyway!Plenty of drinks.Mini milk ice lollies.Maz

Hiya. I bought a few slim fast drinks and put them in the fridge - bit more tasty when cold. ;) Soups without bits in or blitzed if they have. Plenty of milk for drinks, no added sugar cordial for drinks. I also bought some weight watchers yog (without bits in) - Vanilla and Toffee and some low fat custard pots. Hope this gives you some ideas. Good luck for your surgery day. xx

i went mad and blitzed up meals and froze them.They all ended up in the bin because i didn't fancy them one bit. Just make sure you stock up on cup a soups. Thats what i lived on...but then i did have a few problems and couldn't eat properly x

Thanks everyone, have been shopping today and got some cup a soups, some low fat no bits yogurts and some slim fast drinks, my mum is going to make me some homemade soups so think I will be good for a few days...lol

I just wish that my milk diet was the same as some other people's, would love a salad or a bowl of veggies. But just milk and 2 yogurts for me :) just two more days after today left so not much longer...lol xx

Back