• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

post op diet, thoughts please?

sammy447

Hi guys

im off to get my wrap operation a week tomorrow, cant wait now. Trying to get myself organised and prepare for the coming home part. Any advice or thoughts about what to buy and have here ready for my 2 wks liquid and 2wks pureed food when im wrapped would be great?? What kind of things should i have and what kind of things is best buying in. Just trying to get prepared.

Cheers Sam x

Hi

I have no advice as I'm way away from being where you are but just wanted to wish you all the best for Monday week x x

Hi good luck, I bought in cup soups without bits or strained them, slimfast that is nice if left in the freezer for a short time till really cold (pre made up ones) or if making up yourself then use loads of ice, fresh orange without the bits, yogurts without the bits. custard.
For mushy I bought fresh soups & blitzed, creamed rice, mash with gravy or low cheese.
X

Thanks mandy, some good ideas there. Thanks Kevin too, I agree what your saying, just want some basics to have in. Cant wait to get it all over and done with lol x

Thanks guys that answered my question at the same time, great advice have a few things in the freezer simple soups and a few ready meals that are easy to blitz to a more gloopy consistency but they can be eaten by the troops if I hate it post op. Got some new icecube trays that are just for my stuff so I don't use the others we have that the troops may want for icecubes if the sun ever comes back. Also some little containers for lunches once I go back to work so I don't try to eat more than I can take in to start with. Protein shake samples ordered ready to test out before I buy a big pot and waste my money on one I hate.

Back