• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Moving onto solid food

quetiapina

Bumps along somehow
Hi everyone, I am a bit worried about moving onto solid food. I have been on liquid and now soft foods since my band was fitted. I have noticed that I can eat a bit more at the moment. I know I will have to move onto foods that will "Challenge" the band - this will be this weekend. However I have a fill due on Tuesday, so does my eating go back to soft food after that fill or do I remain on the proper food.
Also, what sort of things would you suggest I start on. Raw fruit and veg ok? What about carbs what can I eat that would challenge the band? Currently I have mashed potato.

Sorry, feel a bit nervous - as if I'm just about to have the stabilizers taken off my bike!

didnt want to read and run and am very interested in the replies you get xx

I only have to stay on liquids for 12 hours after a fill, then mushy for 12, then back to normal foods.

My first normal meal was a small amount of chicken breast, cut up into small cubes, some boiled potato instead of mash and some carrots. With a small amount of gravy on the meat but only a little.

I coped with this very well, just chew chew chew and take your time...my first meal took me over 20 minutes to eat.

You will do fine...;):D

Can't answer your question chucks, but wanted to wish you luck with your solids and the fill. x

Back