• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

what happens next?

anniesworld1984

hello, iam new to this site...
i have been referred for gastric band by my doctor i have had the fasting bloods done im now waiting to hear back from the hospital.
does anyone know what exactly happens at the first consultation?
thanks again.

Hiya annie,it all depends what hospital you've been referred too as each do it diff.I was at kings college and my first app was so boring,basically a lot of people in a room watching a dvd about all the diff ops avail and we had to sign a letter at the end to say if we still wanted to go through with it then its another waiting game for yet another of many appointments,also at some stage funding will be applied for from your pct xx

hello tracey thank you for replying i have been referred to taunton hospital in somerset.
theres so many different time scales and different appointments ect its hard to try to work out what will happen and what wont happen.
ive kind of figured now i think it all depends on what area you live in.
some people say it can take up to 18 months until you get the surgery done and other 8 weeks? very confusing lol.
thanks for taking the time out to reply to me. im very new to this and finding my way around is hard im surprised i even managed to post a thread lol.

I agree its all very confusing,personally for me it took 8 months from doctors referral to the actual op which I think is very quick compared to some,I have a friend from the same area at the same hospital who has been told 18 months!! All very confusing xx

thank you for your replys, its really really helpfull to have some-one to talk with who has been through this procedure.
im hoping its not going to be too long of a wait i cant wait to get the old me back!
thanks again xx

Back