• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

New to site..

Tonicowell

I'm new to the site,

Just thought I would ask about everyone's experiences..

I'm from the Isle of Man, I have been seeing dieticians, physiatrists and endrocronologists on the island for many years and now I have been referred to aintree hospital under Dr Thomas..

My first appointment is on 4th January.. I'm nervous and excited but I really don't know what to expect..

Does anyone know what happens next?!

Toni <3

I'm new to the site,

Just thought I would ask about everyone's experiences..

I'm from the Isle of Man, I have been seeing dieticians, physiatrists and endrocronologists on the island for many years and now I have been referred to aintree hospital under Dr Thomas..

My first appointment is on 4th January.. I'm nervous and excited but I really don't know what to expect..

Does anyone know what happens next?!

Toni <3
Hi Welcome to the site.

Guessing as its Christmas you may not get many replies over the next few days but there is loads of info on here about people's experiences and we are a warm, supportive and welcoming bunch. You will find that different hospitals do different things in different ways so you will see different experiences. However, if you have a look at the pre-op diaries thread and read a few NHS ones (assuming you are NHS given what you say you have already done, you should get some idea of the process).

It is worth posting some more about yourself as different people pick up on different things and also asking for Aintree experiences.

Hi and welcome, I'm not at the hospital appointment stage yet so don't have any advice but wanted to say hi *waves*

Hello and welcome !

Hello and welcome!

Each hospital is different but I would think, as you've been referred, they'll be assessing your suitability for surgery. I could be completly wrong though, so don't quote me :cool:

Thanks everyone, I'm really quite nervous, I have been waiting for such a long time I'm just waiting for somone to tell me it's not going to happen.. Lol

I have passed all the hurdles on the island but I don't know what more I face when I get to aintree..

Fingers crossed.. I know I have to see another dietician and another shrink and do some tests but got knows what else xx

Hello, welcome and good luck!

Hiya ,

I'm new on here too and I'm having a bypass this month just like your aiming towardsxxx every hospital is different in their procedure, timings and what they want you to do....but if you have a question you must ask xxxx

Hope the appointment went ok, how did you get on?

Back