• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

What happens next

dawn08

Hi

Just would like to know if any one has a idea what happens next , been through weight management three tier on the Nhs and now referred to the bariatric team . I know it's a seminar but would like to know what happens there and the next route

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Hi Dawn

Welcome! What area are u in?

I've just finished the tier 3 weight management as well. I'm booked into the seminar on 19th Sept. I'm in Crawley! :)

Hi
Im in Wakefield and hoping to get on the seminar next week x

Hi Dawn

Welcome! What area are u in?

I've just finished the tier 3 weight management as well. I'm booked into the seminar on 19th Sept. I'm in Crawley! :)

Can I ask what your Tier 3 consisted of, mine seems so drawn out, it lasts 6 months, did yours?

Hi Dawn
Welcome, I live in Doncaster and just finished the Tier 3 Management as well.
Been to the seminar about three week ago, week after to see the Dietitian at the hospital, then this Tuesday just gone to see the Surgeon.
They had a meeting on Thursday, and will let me know what happen next.

Seminar in Doncaster: Just two Dietitians there, one person who as had the surgery talks to you about there journey, and they show photos on a big screen of people before and after.
They do your weight and height, then on the screen they show you the Sleeve and the By Pass operation, didn't show the Band as they don't really want to do this op anymore. Then they ask if you have any questions, after they have explained everything to you, there was about eight of us at the meeting, one girls pulled out but the rest of us are still going through with it.

Dietitian: The people that was on the Seminar with me, all had the same appointment on the day, same for the Surgeon.
Weighed and blood pressure, then you go in she asked why you want the surgery, what things you eat, which op you want and puts it all down on paper.

Surgeon: First you see a Dietitian, measures waist and neck and same as above, then the Surgeon come in. Make sure you know what you need to ask before you go. Ask on here before you go.
I said "I wanted the sleeve, but they make the last decision".

This is what happened to me, maybe with someone else it was different.

All the best on your journey.

Elaine

Hi Sundowners, my tier 3 program was a whole year? 6 months I think if your bmi is over 50?

Dietitian appointments, exercise consultant and psychologist every 3 months.. Mine had an interruption in the middle because the company I first started with (called IPC weight management) lost the tender with nhs - that's when I had to go to why weight program so I've had a few extra appointments.

I'm still seeing my dietitian and exercise consultant every quarter till December - even though I started the journey in September. I think the psychologist said new rules were now in place. Anyway in the meantime I'm still going forward for the surgery and now just waiting for my assessment day at ST Richards. :)

Hi willow ,

Thankyou for that it was so informative xx

Hi Sundowners
Yes mine was exactly the same situation has Birdieo1, but I have not seen the Psychologist, but still seeing Dietitian until December.
looks like all areas are doing the same thing.

Elaine

Hi dawn. I'm in Wakefield too. The bariatric team are based at Dewsbury and that is where the seminar is and where surgery will happen. Mr white done my band in May. Pls feel free to ask any questions. I will do my best to answer them. Xx

Hi thanks , just wanted to know what happened at the seminar please and the route after and timescale please ? X

Back