• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I heard today I have been ACCEPTED for Funding!! WOOHOO!!

poppyowner

The Doctor rang me this afternoon and told me he has received a letter telling him our PCT has ACCEPTED our request for funding for me to get Bariatric Surgery on NHS - WOOHOO !!!!!

AM SOOOOOOOOOOOO EXCITED!!!!

He wants me to go see him on Monday to read through letter and see what happens next - I am his first ever referral so he sounded quite excited too - LOL !

At 9.30am I have a Smear Test (JOY OF JOYS!!!!) on monday at same clinic as my Doctor so have made an appointment to see him at 10am .... he offered 9am but too much of a rush from school run!

Anyone know what happens next - is it waiting for a hospital appointment to meet/greet surgeon and discuss surgery options next or something else?
NOW I have been accepted - is there any chance it can still fall through / not happen OR am I finally on the finishing stretch?

Jill

Bev

So pleased for you and hoping that your appointments will follow very shortly.

Sending a humungous hug and loads of love xxx

dottychic

Congratulations hun, as far as I know the only thing that would stop you getting the surgery now would be if you was unfit to go through the surgery for some reason. It would have to be something pretty serious though as most of us have some co-morbidities e.g. diabetes, high blood pressure, arthritis......Good Luck and I hope you get an appointment soon :D XX

BlueDiamond

tango

The Doctor rang me this afternoon and told me he has received a letter telling him our PCT has ACCEPTED our request for funding for me to get Bariatric Surgery on NHS - WOOHOO !!!!!

He wants me to go see him on Monday to read through letter and see what happens next - I am his first ever referral so he sounded quite excited too - LOL !

At 9.30am I have a Smear Test (JOY OF JOYS!!!!) on monday at same clinic as my Doctor so have made an appointment to see him at 10am .... he offered 9am but too much of a rush from school run!

Anyone know what happens next - is it waiting for a hospital appointment to meet/greet surgeon and discuss surgery options next or something else?
NOW I have been accepted - is there any chance it can still fall through / not happen OR am I finally on the finishing stretch?

Jill

Hi Jill, firstly congratulations on getting funding. I had my surgery at Chichester on the 10th November and I must say that they were great! Your doctor will need to refer you to Chichester with proof of funding. They will then send you a weeks food diary and question sheet which you will need to complete and return to them. They will then give you a date for you MDT (Multi Disciplinary Team) meeting where you will on one day meet with a Surgeon, Doctor, Nurse, Dietician and Phyiciatrist in one morning. The same afternoon you will know if you have been accepted for surgery or will need further assessments (I didnt so dont have any experience of Sleep Apena tests etc ). You will then recieve a date for your preassessment and surgery. From start to finish they like to keep within a 18 week timescale. Mine was more like 12/14 weeks. So brace yourself for a fast ride!!!!
:)

SCOOBYDOOBYDOO

Congratulations....that's the hard bit over with!
Next year is gonna be a great one for you x

Big an Bouncy

You must meet the criteria for your area so looking good.They may ask you to attend weightloss clinic for a time,arrange psychologist,sleep clinic etc then if you meet all these requirements you will be referred to a surgeon.I was told just because you are offered funding its no quarantee of surgery.Is your bmi high enough,co morbidities,previous weightloss history,tried weightloss drugs,they may ask you to go on Orlistat for a few months.Attend weightloss seminar.Hope your area is faster than mine.I have been through all the above since july 2008.Funding was applied for Feb approved June this year.Waiting now to see surgeon in New Year,then it has to be done within 18 week period from then!Will be over two and half years wait.Best of luck.Maz x

Linski

Jill

Congratulations - Iam waiting to hear if I have been granted funding so can't help with what follows. Just wanted to say well done!!

Grace

Many congratulations. The journey varies much from area to area. Mine was 18 months from funding agreed to surgery, but it sounds like you area will be very much faster. I do hope so.
Love Grace xxx

tink1974

fantastic news - i bet you are so excited. Looking forward to following your journeyxx

SacredSilence

Peter Facinelli & I
Yaaay!! Congrats!! :D x

Chick1981

bring on the new me :)
congratulations :) i woz told (not sure if its true) that sum private clinics take patients if they have got nhs funding, its worth mentioning 2 ur doctor though xx

phatmomma

Brilliant news, hands in the air and scream if you wanna go faster xxx

BEXS99

Loves this site x
Hi Jill

I have been accepted funding from my docs, how long did you have to wait and was it a long process x