• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

what happens when you reach target weight

You can increase the amount or type of food you eat, but generally, weightloss slows anyway and the last few lbs are hard to shift.

I was wondering that too, but I've still got a lot to go before I start worrying about maintaining :)

I upped my calories but carried on losing weight once I reached my 12st target. I can now still lose eating 1500 calories a day because I think my metabolism has improved, but I know others struggle to shift the final few pounds as they get nearer their goal weight. I am just trying to find the optimum level now ... Without calorie counting and just relying on the band to tell me when I am full. We are all different though :)

Hi

I was told to add things like real butter and other higher calorie items to maintain my weight if needed.

Although so far I have not needed to as my weight has remained quite stable now without me having to do anything, so it might be that the body is able to manage itself once your natural target has been reached, that's the bodies target not yours.

Don't forget that most target weights are not easily attained as after significant weight lose you will be carrying around about a stone of loose skin, so trying to attain a weight based on the normal charts could result in you being under weight. so aim for a weight at the top end or just above you doctors weight chart.

In my case although a healthy BMI is 25 or below, my Dietician told me to stop loosing weight when my BMI was just over 26, so its still showing me as slightly over weight, but if my loose skin was removed I would be well in the healthy BMI range.

Hope this has helped.

Paul

In response to what Paul said, again we are all different, I have lost over 65kg / 10 1/2 stones and have practically no spare skin, so I don't take into consideration the extra stone Paul has. What is important is to achieve what looks and feels good for you personally. The scales are not the most important thing believe it or not. Even at a "healthy" bmi, I do think I look too thin now, so would like to regain a bit. It's not easy changing the new healthier eating habits for one where you can regain, albeit in a healthy way. I still focus on protein first, but I do eat the normal versions of food, rather than diet ones now to help me maintain, without adding lots of extra bulk. I know the gains will come over Christmas and in the new year when I am on holiday, so just going to go with the flow and relax :D

Have to be honest ... No ... Just more dog walking /household chores than before. I wanted to carry on as I was going to do for the rest of my life :D

Back