• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

What happens next ... ?!

jou

Hi just trying to do research ... From walsall, Had bypass two years ago at the Manor. Doctors gave me a 11 stone target to reach. Done that, saw them 2 weeks ago, they were really happy and told me to go see my doctors, that they would write to them referring me for surgery about the excess skin.

Saw my doctors, now I have a consultation in 3 weeks at the hospital, but what is the process ... What happens next

Thanking you xx

Interesting ! I had my bypass at Walsall in July 2011. Time before last I saw the surgeon he said at two years they'd refer me re my loose skin, but not before as I might continue losing weight up until then. ( saw him again fora problem since then and my BMI was just over 25 and he said he expects wl to stop now). However, I live in Birmingham and My PCT guidelines say they won't fund skin removal after weight loss under any circumstances.
I have really bad tum, arms and bum and am not coping as well with the loose skin emotionally, as I thought I would !

"Emotionally" yep!!! Didn't think that would bother me. On my arms can actually wrap the skin right round, tummy is bad too.

Feel a bit guilty because love the fact I've lost weight!! Feel bad about the skin. Had op march same year, was also told about BMI of 25, still just a bit over that, but will get there within 3 weeks

Hearing different things, a bit confused, hence my post, but will keep u posted if u like xx

Hey Kirsty

Sod's law, hospital cancelled appointment !! Oh well, just waiting for them to re-book xx

hope you get sorted and well done on your loss. xx

Back