• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

what if...

lclucy89

What happens if you move from liquids to soft diet before advised??

I had an appointment with my dietician this morning to discuss the diet following the op. She said that the liquid diet had to be a minimum of 2 weeks to aid the healing process and ensure that you don't do anything to damage your new pouch. I would recommend that you stick with whatever your team has told you to do to make sure that you avoid any unnecessary complications.

H x

Yeah everyone on here has been saying 2week liquid but my clinic said one week :/
I'm feeling veryt hungry

What op have u had, I am just over one week out, and have to force myself to have some soup or yogurt as I just dont think about food now.

I'm not going to ask what you DO think about :8855::eek::D
Lynne x

Its such a short time to wait till you are healed,dont force things you will regret it.

I was on liquid for 4 days then straight onto pureed stage at the reccommendation of my surgeon, although looking back I mostly had milky coffees, yoghurts and soups.
Now I'm onto soft food but I didn't automatically change all 6 meals of the day into soft ones. I am working my way up to it with a couple of soft meals and 4 liquid or pureed per day.

Hiya not had op yet but met about it and what to have after and we are advised 3 weeks liquid, 3 weeks puree and 3 weeks soft food.

What happens if you move from liquids to soft diet before advised??

:sigh: Why not just follow the advice you were given by your surgical team

hi im nearly 4 wks post op ,i was 4 days liquid then 4 wks pureed then will be 2 wks soft then if ok with that i will be on normal foods, that is what my surgeon told me to do which i have, ive heard some real horror stories about problems people have had with going through the stages to early xx

Thanks for the advice guys..

I was told to do liquid for a week then move on to soft for 2weeks. So I'll stick to what I was advised, a few have said they only did liquid for 4days so hopefully there will be no probs. I just wondered what others have been told!

X

Hi lclucy89,

I'm 4 weeks post band op... I've done 2 weeks liquid, 2 weeks mushy and am just about to go onto crunchy stuff!

My advice... Don't rush things, you need to let everything heal. Trust me you will feel better for it.

I was desperate for something to chew at the end of week one on liquids so when out at a restaurant, I asked for two roast potatoes and put them in my soup! BIG MISTAKE....HUGE! it hurt for 3 days.... The pain was intense...

Also I would suggest taking it easy for a few weeks after the op and not trying to exercise too much to soon.... Another mistake I made!

Be patient and it will be easier to handle!

Good luck.... X

Back