• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Moving through the stages of the post op diet

Vicksbratz2004

Hi everyone, i dont know if anyone would be able to help me with some advise, i had my gastric sleeve a week ago so i am still in the liquids stage for which i have to continue for 2 weeks, but in myself i truely feel ready to move on to the next stage of baby consistency food as the liquids dont seem to satisfy me for long and i feel like im always reaching for more and its not because im thinking of food as i myself dont really feel hungury, its just my stomach seems to be rumbling. If anybody moved on to the next stage before they was ment to could you kindly let me know how you got on with this as i really dont know which way to go :confused:,Thanks x

ooo i am not sure about that, after one week of clear fluids, i had had enough and was on to tinned and fresh soups, they filled me up better, i think after 2 weeks i was allowed mashed potato. But the one thing i have noticed on here, is that different surgeons and providers recommend different things, have you checked with your team as to what they suggest?

Oh bye the way, welcome to the site, there are lots of lovely people on here who can give you the benefit of their experiences through different points of their journeys
xxxx

I have just moved on from the liquid diet after 11 days and have now started scrambled eggs and last night had a very very well baked potato fluffed up with half a dairylee triangle on each side which was very easy to take and filling to.

My surgeon told me to take things at my pace if i try something and it doesnt agree then wait a few days but to be honest egg or well mashed veg n potato should be ok.

Back