• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

what insurance can i get for an operation in beguim?

Maura

hi guys, as most of you know i am due to fly out to belguim in 3 weeks for my gastric band operation? have any of you went abroad for your operation? if so, is there any insurance I can take out to cover me? I am doubtful, but please advice :confused::confused::confused:

Hi Maura,

i went abroad for surgery and i didnt have any insurance - to be honest it just didnt enter my head!! im going to hazard a guess that surgery abroad is just too risky to insure? Or maybe you can but its waaaay expensive.

But if youve done your research, you will have a good and reputable surgeon. Believe your surgeon will know whats best for you :)

Sorry ive been no use at all! Just letting you know what i think x

I believe Cosmetic Bliss will actually cover you for up to £5000 for any post-surgery complications, so if you need to stay in longer or they need to re-operate, you should be ok. I would think it would be nigh-on impossible for you to buy a separate/independent insurance policy to cover you in the event of complications by Cosmetic Bliss, but what I would say is if you are concerned, then talk to them, they may well be able to write in some more extended type of cover for any extra fee, which you may think worth it for peace of mind.

that is true Angie. I believe Maura is going through another provider, so im not sure they offer a similar thing?

Would an EHIC card any complications?

x

Oops, apologies, my faux pas, I had it in my head Maura was going with Cosmetic Bliss...early onset dementia...hopefully whatever provider Maura is going with, they should offer they same level of protection though.

As for the EHIC card, in one word, no, it wouldn't complicate matters...it is probably a great idea to carry one anyway, but it could only be used in the event that any medical treatment was deemed "life-saving", and despite this, as I understand it, one would still be expected to contribute towards medical costs....and I am quite sure this would not cover what would be deemed as elective privately paid for surgery such as WLS. But hell, if you don't have one, who knows?

Back