• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

what is the average weight loss?

broxi

ButtErFly
Can anybody help me please? I'm on Cambridge Diet just now and have/am considering having a gastric band. After the operation how much weight do you lose in a week on average? Are there any people who do not lose? I've looked up various sites on internet but don't really get any answers. Thanks, and reading your forums, can I say that you're all so brave! You deserve complete success.

Can anybody help me please? I'm on Cambridge Diet just now and have/am considering having a gastric band. After the operation how much weight do you lose in a week on average? Are there any people who do not lose? I've looked up various sites on internet but don't really get any answers. Thanks, and reading your forums, can I say that you're all so brave! You deserve complete success.

hi band weight loss is 7-10 llbs first week after every thing has settled 2-3 llbs is expexted if you follow the band rules and dont eat slider foods.

Thanks very much. When you have it do you lose your appetite and your desire/craving for food?

i can only answer on my experience after the post op period i loose half a stone a month iv given up saying weekly as totm i put on then about ten days later i have a bigger loss

You won't lose your cravings as they are a ruled by your brain and not your stomach, the only way they go is will power. For me personally, will power is something I have in VERY short supply, but having spent £7500 I don't want to waste the money which has helped in giving my will power a serious boost.

My dietician and surgeon have both said they do not expect me to lose weight from op to first fill (a six week period) however, I have lost 5lb since my op just over 3 weeks ago. After the band fill they expect me to lose 1 - 3 lb each week - doesn't sound much, but over the course of a year it's between 3 1/2 - 7 stone.

Sounds great though. It must be a brilliant feeling for you all. Although I still think you're brave. That about cravings being in my brain is what I really need to sort out. I don't know if counselling or hypnosis or something could go that. I know I have elevated food above all else in my life, like a drug addict or an alcoholic. I obssess about it and it governs my life. I so want that in order. But thanks so much guys. I admire you all enormously. If I save the money and pluck up the courage I might join you. But I wish you all the very best of luck and enjoy the new you!

Hi

I had my band fitted on 25th April. I lost 7lbs before starting my preop, nothing on the pre op :cry:but since the op I have lost 22lbs. I will probably put some back on before my 1st fill booked for 15th June.

Am very pleased so far, after I lost the first 7lbs post op I found that my knees didnt ache so much and have been far more active. Mostly long walks with my dogs but when Im 6 weeks post op I will go back to the gym - cant wait!

I was told to expect to lose between 1 and 3 lbs a week as the lovely peeps above have said. Hoping to be approaching my goal by Christmas.

Good luck with your journey which ever way you chose to lose!

Maz x

Back