• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

What meds

clar01

Hi

I just wondered what medication you all have to take post bypass. I have a long list and cant seem to get them all in everyday, need reminders or something.

I take

Multivitamin
Zinc effeverssant
3 x iron tablets
2 gall stone preventative tablets
Calcium carbonate
1 omaprozole
And one other I can't remember!

All at random times, some after food, but I'm not supposed to drink straight after food?!?

I'm now 7 weeks post op xxx

I take a lot of meds and I have one of those tablet trays where all the meds are organised.
I can still forget to take them!but I'd be worse if I didn't have this..lol

It's a bit daunting, isn't it?! Sure you'll settle into a routine soon. I wondered the same thing about "certain tablets have to be taken with food, but I'm not supposed to drink after I've eaten..." I just have them with a swallow of milk.

Wibble said:
It's a bit daunting, isn't it?! Sure you'll settle into a routine soon. I wondered the same thing about "certain tablets have to be taken with food, but I'm not supposed to drink after I've eaten..." I just have them with a swallow of milk.

I know what you mean Wibble the head is a bit battered trying to organise and take your meds,also having injections,be scared to leave the house at the moment as I seem to taking tablets one after the other.

I get all mine out in the morning and put them in a little pot on the microwave, everytime I go into the kitchen I take one! Rarely miss one now, if i do it's the 3rd Calcichew as you can't take them within a couple of hours of iron and I make sure i take my second iron at night.

I'm dreadful at taking my tablets. I've got a dosset box that I put all my tablets in each week in their daily doses and I only had to fill 2 days for the evening ones this morning as I'd not taken them for 5 days last week and most of the tablets are heart pills. Even my family forget to remind me and it's useless putting an alarm on my mobile as it's usually in my bag in the hall cupboard and I don't hear it. Whats a girl to do!

Kate x

If you go to boots or loyds they should dossette pack them for you. They put a reminder of the times and meds in the front and put the tabs into bubbles for you to pop at the right time.

Are you on this amount of meds afterwards for the rest of your life or do you ween off them after a while? Over the counter or perscription? $$

I think it's for life. I am planning to by an annual NHS pass, think its over £100 a year but will save me money in the long run x

I'm only on multi vitamins at the moment. Even then it's trying to remember. Do think a new tattoo might help loool

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Hi

I am about eight months post op and although I do take quit a few different meds the only thing I take bypass related in my Forceval multivitamin, I have had all the blood tests done and all my other levels are fine so don't need to add anything else yet. Although only time will tell how long it stays that way. I suppose I am lucky in that I can still eat a full varied and healthy diet which means I am getting enough of everything I need so with the Forceval I am covered.

Paul

I know what you mean Wibble the head is a bit battered trying to organise and take your meds,also having injections,be scared to leave the house at the moment as I seem to taking tablets one after the other.

"Battered" is a most apt description!
The injections'll stop soon, then it's just a case of "what else and when" - you'll soon find a routine that suits and eventually it's like second nature.

Do think a new tattoo might help loool

New tattoos ALWAYS help! I was thinking about "you are not fat" across my forehead as my head hasn't caught up with the weight loss yet, and "take your iron tabs" down one arm and "take your calcium" down the other! Could start a new trend.....maybe not! Maybe I'll settle for another cat tat xx

Haha I think I will have to do that now as after seeing the dietician today I will be going onto multivits calcium and iron x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Back