• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Tablets and meds after opp please help me

djdave

When i came home i was given 2 weeks fragmin co codamol fast tabs i was also told two weeks post op to go back to my multi vitamin tablet so i am
this is good but i went tonight to meet up with Peterborough guy he was saying i need calcium tablets iron tablets etc but i am not ?
can you please tell me or help me what am i suppose to take best regards DJ dave

p.s pg such a lovely guy enjoyed tonight

Not sure how your hospital works, but mine wrote to my gp after my 6 week check and told her what vitamins/supplements to prescribe for me. I was about 7 weeks post op when I started taking them and I think that is fairly usual.

hi I got info from here and at my support group about what I should/should not be taking also contact my consultant but Iknow that isnt an option for NHS patients. So I would say get the info from here and then go to see your GP. Mine has been great and prescribed exactly what I asked for. I also requested the caplets for the calcium as I didnt fancy having to chew them!!Yuk and he has and the Forcivel I havent had a prob with swallowing them with a little water first thing on a morning. Im not on iron tablets and I know others have said about the B12 injections but I dont think everyone has to have them. Ive had my 6 week check and the consultant did say he was due to write to my GP. Good luck. xx

I am on A-Z vitamins with minerals (Asdas own)
Adcal D3 (only just started these at 18 months out because no-one told me I needed them, now I am vit D deficiant)
and Iron tablets (again only just started these because my iron level was edging to the low side)

The only one I get from my Dr is Adcal D3 only because I can't get it over the counter

I left hospital with Fragmin for four weeks,calcichew with vitamin d,forceval and lanzaparole which i am allergic to and no longer take.All hospitals are different but do check the calcium as I was told to take it and forceval for life!

Hello Dave, I was discharge yesterday and my list of pills include the following:
soluble paracetamol, clexane, lansoprazole fast tab for three months,liquid paraffin and magnesium hydroxide, peppermint water, and after 2 weeks of discharge Adcal D3 and multivitamins. Hope this help you.

Back