• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

What do I need,

edge

Right guys,gastric bypass op on Monday,will any meds I need post op be provided by the hospital?obviously I will take in my blood pressure,calcium tablets in with me,but am unsure what I will be able to take.can any one give a quick list of all meds I will need post op.whether chewable or liquid.many thanks.

edge said:
Right guys,gastric bypass op on Monday,will any meds I need post op be provided by the hospital?obviously I will take in my blood pressure,calcium tablets in with me,but am unsure what I will be able to take.can any one give a quick list of all meds I will need post op.whether chewable or liquid.many thanks.

Hi out there can anyone help me?

hiya :) cant help you im afraid, but im sure when people wake up they'll post, good luck for monday, exciting eh? :) xxx

Caren said:
hiya :) cant help you im afraid, but im sure when people wake up they'll post, good luck for monday, exciting eh? :) xxx

Hi Caren,yeah mixed emotions for me really,had the shine taken off things,due to a hospital change,went on holiday for two weeks only came back a week ago,then on monday the surgeon rang me to tell me the news that they no longer work from out of that hospital,gave me the choice of two other hospitals,ended up I will be going to one that is a further 20miles away.then he cancelled my pre op as had to arrange it at the new hospital,I still don't know when pre op is,hopefully I will hear today,been having to re arrange things all week.Bit of a nightmare really.I pictured this nice calm,controlled,organised run up to the op,Hey ho I need the op so I just have to go with the flow and get on with it.Just extra stress that I didn't need,Thanks for answering me Hun x

Ok I would suggest anything you're on now, take with you - solid or liquid. CPAP machine if you're using one, inhalers, etc. I'm thinking you should have had/are going to have a Pre-Op Assessment with a member of the healthcare team - this is where you tell them exactly waht you're on at the moment. After your op you'll be liquids only either iv or by mouth. Your surgeon should talk to you while you're in recovery about your meds. If your hospital's on the ball they'll convert any meds you need to liquids and give you a list to take home with you for your GP (hopefully).

i was discharged with a months worth of medication that i wil be on for life, as follows:

forceval multi vitamin capsule - for the first 6 weeks i cut this open and took the liquid from inside on a spoon of yoghurt. from 6 weeks onwards i was able to take tablets

iron - in liquid form for the first 6 weeks then i went on to taking two tablets perday

lansoprasole - i still take the tablet that dissolves on your tongue, one per day

adcal d3, (calcium and vitamin d) - 3 times a day chewable, recently have gone onto tablet form as i prefer them.

im sure you will be discharged wit the correct medications that your surgeon feels you need and a list will be sent to your gp so they can continue your meds after your hospital supply has ran out..

good luck :)

Hi I had bypass on monday everything went really well the surgeon was very pleased I came home this morning.
I was given fast tab lansoprazole one a day.
And multivitamins with minerals soft & chewy one a day, which I started the day of pre op, get these from Asda.
Also given some pain relief melts if needed, but haven't needed any in the last 24
hours.
Also a letter for my gp.
Good luck xx

Saranne said:
Hi I had bypass on monday everything went really well the surgeon was very pleased I came home this morning.
I was given fast tab lansoprazole one a day.
And multivitamins with minerals soft & chewy one a day, which I started the day of pre op, get these from Asda.
Also given some pain relief melts if needed, but haven't needed any in the last 24
hours.
Also a letter for my gp.
Good luck xx

Thanks Saranne,Least I know what to expect meds wise.Pre op is tomorrow,op changed to Tuesday now,glad everything went fine with your op,hope you keep on track with your recovery,see you on the losers bench.x

dellymolly said:
i was discharged with a months worth of medication that i wil be on for life, as follows:

forceval multi vitamin capsule - for the first 6 weeks i cut this open and took the liquid from inside on a spoon of yoghurt. from 6 weeks onwards i was able to take tablets

iron - in liquid form for the first 6 weeks then i went on to taking two tablets perday

lansoprasole - i still take the tablet that dissolves on your tongue, one per day

adcal d3, (calcium and vitamin d) - 3 times a day chewable, recently have gone onto tablet form as i prefer them.

im sure you will be discharged wit the correct medications that your surgeon feels you need and a list will be sent to your gp so they can continue your meds after your hospital supply has ran out..

good luck :)

Thanks for your reply Dellymolly,very useful tips there,thanks for the good wishes.x

Wibble said:
Ok I would suggest anything you're on now, take with you - solid or liquid. CPAP machine if you're using one, inhalers, etc. I'm thinking you should have had/are going to have a Pre-Op Assessment with a member of the healthcare team - this is where you tell them exactly waht you're on at the moment. After your op you'll be liquids only either iv or by mouth. Your surgeon should talk to you while you're in recovery about your meds. If your hospital's on the ball they'll convert any meds you need to liquids and give you a list to take home with you for your GP (hopefully).

Ta for the info Wibble,very useful,having pre op tomorrow so will take all my meds with me.x

hi
my doctor gave me all my pills in liquid for to take after op

kay
xx

Back