• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

What next? Excuted newbie!

bex j88

Hi all
I've had an email from my pct today in response to my referral for funding. They said it had been approved.

Does this mean I can have surgery? I'm reading all your posts and getting v confused at what point I will be offered the op?
Hope you can help!
Thanks in advance!
Bex x

hi bex i think now u wait for invite to seminar where u mean nurses an listen to everything that will happen an ur given a choice of what op u want then ull be sent a letter from hospital to meet ur surgeon an team then it all begins ... well thats what happened to me x

Hi audra

Thanks for your response- are you within west Kent pct as well?
How far down the line are you on your journey?
And how long did it take?
Sorry for all the Q's! So excited!!

Hi Bex

My PCT is West Kent, what happened with me is you get funding first, then got sent a list of hospitals to choose from, mainly in london and one in chichester..

It does tend to take a while to go through the system before operation, so you do get used to waiting..

Nicky xx

Hi Bex it seems most hospitals want you to have your funding before you are even seen by them which I actually can understand.

If you look at my list you will see, but although the surgeon agrees to it it seems its the physiologist who more or less has the final say, that's how it is in my area good luck on your travel

tartanlady said:
Hi Bex it seems most hospitals want you to have your funding before you are even seen by them which I actually can understand.

If you look at my list you will see, but although the surgeon agrees to it it seems its the physiologist who more or less has the final say, that's how it is in my area good luck on your travel

Hey thanks tartan lady! Where can I see your list?
I'm hoping Chelsfield bmi is one of the hospitals?...
How far down the line are you?

Back