• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

What on earth ! New op may be approved !

countrywench

Tracey

Oh no sounds awful turning a tap on to put food down the loo ...
You'd just eat anything knowing it was coming out the tap .....

countrywench

I'm horrified .. I thought it was a joke at first ..

nafpnd

OMG :eek:.

FeeBee

:banghead: because not tackling what goes in at mouth makes sense right....

Lynneslims

I saw this on a weight loss programme on TV about 4 years ago. They looked at different ways of tacking obesity. It was a man from Scandinavia who had the op. They showed him having a slap up meal in a restaurant then he went to the toilet and opened the valve and out it all came. Ridiculous!!

FeeBee

Yes I saw that! It's a waste of food as much as anything.

Sunshine99

Aspire Assist, yes i heard about that, about a year and a half ago. I saw a clip on youtube of him who does SuperSize v SuperSkinny chatting to someone in America who'd had it done...And it work for him. I have to admit....i kinda like this operation. When i went to my first consultation 2 weeks ago (even though, id been worked up for surgery about 20 months ago...but backed out twice!, due to anxiety issues) the consultant asked me if i was still happy to go ahead with the Gastric Bypass route. I said yes, but then i brought up that id heard of another operation, that i though was less severe (and cheaper). As soon as i mentioned Aspire Assist...he started to shake his head in a disapproving way. He's known about it for about 3 years now, And he said in the longterm it won't last...as it doesn't solve the deeper issues of why your over eating in the first place.
As a binge eater myself (mainly sugary crap) i can't help but feel that if Aspire Assist can just help me shed 3 or 4 stones, then I'd have more energy...less likely to binge...As id have developed new hobbies and interests by then, with my new found energy. I admit...you'd still have work towards not binging....maybe counselling could be involved (im already in counselling) . But once someone like myself who regularly binges, starts to reduce the binges (with this device) ...then eventually ...the device can come out once they stop bingeing altogether. But unfortunately, or fortunate for me ,1) My consultant was quick to remind me, that its not been approved in the Uk, as yet....And 2) I'm sure my consultant knows better than me. So .....
Gastric Bypass it is! :whacky068: