• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

LETS BE ON THIS JOURNEY TOGETHER.

What stage of your journey are you in?

• Pre Op

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Post Op

Votes: 2 66.7%

• Total voters

Soraia

Hello :)

I'm Soraia and I'm currently going through the process of having gastric-by-pass surgery. As you all know, the whole process isn't easy. So any support/advice that I, myself can give through the experience that I have had or advice that I can get of anyone who has had the experience or is currently experiencing is all welcome.

One of the benefits of doing the surgery, apart from the obvious ones (loosing weight and improving our health conditions) is that we get to meet new people who are going or have gone through the same process as you, meet new friends and people who really understand what you feel and going through. I am lucky enough to have a supportive family, they support me in all my decisions. Although, no matter how many sweet words they give me, its never the same as talking to someone who knows exactly how your feeling, who has experienced the same struggles, the same feelings and battles.

So let's do this journey together! :)

Hi and welcome, we are a friendly bunch and there is mountains of help, advice and support, have a good look round and read some diaries, when is your surgery and are you private or nhs, I’m nhs which although takes longer is helpful as it give you plenty of time to research fully what you are tak8ng on and getting your head in the right place but that’s just my opinion others may feel differently, I couldn’t bring myself to answer your question as I should be post op now, it was scheduled for today and cancelled today, it sucks, big time xxxx

Welcome
This forum is great. It has really giving me a lifeline. We struggle with the same issue so it’s great to have people who get it!
Looking forward to watching you progress x

Hi, welcome to the forum. We have a wide range of experiences both pre and post op and share or experiences good and bad.
Bypass here ( surgery 23 Jan 2018), so still coming to terms with my new stomach.

Hello :)

I'm Soraia and I'm currently going through the process of having gastric-by-pass surgery. As you all know, the whole process isn't easy. So any support/advice that I, myself can give through the experience that I have had or advice that I can get of anyone who has had the experience or is currently experiencing is all welcome.

One of the benefits of doing the surgery, apart from the obvious ones (loosing weight and improving our health conditions) is that we get to meet new people who are going or have gone through the same process as you, meet new friends and people who really understand what you feel and going through. I am lucky enough to have a supportive family, they support me in all my decisions. Although, no matter how many sweet words they give me, its never the same as talking to someone who knows exactly how your feeling, who has experienced the same struggles, the same feelings and battles.

So let's do this journey together! :)
Hello and welcome x

Back