• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

What thing have you found tricky/painful to do post-op??

uglyduck16

What thing have you found tricky/painful to do post-op??

I thought this might be a good thread to help pre-op people, people who have just had their ops done, and post-op people who can post what they found tricky/painful and then look to see that others found that hard too (and maybee share tips?) !!

OK I will start it off...

In the first few days after surgery it was really painfull when I did simple things like blow my nose, deep breathing, laughing, mooving my arms - for example to have a drink, try to brush my hair, brush my teeth etc.
Also I found when I went to the loo wiping my bum very painfull :eek:, I still find it painfull now, but it is not as bad as it was at the start, so I am sure it will get easier each day.
It was then a nightmare to get comfy in bed, I am hoping this is something that will get easier with time.
Getting dressed- I find it too painfull to wear a bra at to mo, but I find it painful to reach up and put my top on, and reach down and put my socks and shoes on.

I am sure I will think of more later, but I have started it off ;)

Xxx Lizzie xxX

All bending was uncomfortable for the first 10 days, needed help with shoes and socks for a few days. I couldn't reach the top shelf in the kitchen because leaning & stretching hurt a bit. That was pretty much it and oh I needed help in and out of the bath. Plus couldn't get comfy in bed the first week. All this was sorted by week two.

HTH;)

I had absolutely no pain post op, i even came of the pain meds the day after i came out of hospital as i really didn't need them. The only small issue i've had was a stabbing pain in my left shoulder, which i'm informed is something some people experience post any laproscopic surgery, which has now pretty much gone ! :D

Sitting in same position for a long time was very uncomfortable, for instance driving for longer than ten mins was an issue, but it does improve! And same as you had trouble on the toilet lol!

I was like richard absolutly no problems. saying that when i took my dressings off after 7 days it was a bit nippy but not sore.
I suppose it differes for everyone as we all have different pain thresholds. Because i have had no pain i have had to remind myself that i shouldnt be doing things like lifting etc.

Had no probs at all really. Only thing I have foud is my bum bones/cheeks (?!?) really hurt if I sit on anything hard or for too long!! :D

I had no pain whatsoever just found first few nights hard to get comfy to sleep but my beds not the best in the world..xx

i had no real problems uncomfortable at night for first 3/4 days and took 2 weeks befor i could push my shopping trolley or ride my bike without hurting but that been all really

i still have port pain so getting up from sitting hurts at times, coughing and turning over from my front to my side or back in bed :confused:,its like a pulling tearing feeling and just next to my belly button .i thought nearly three months past op id be over it but no it still hurts !!

directly after the op i was very ill and in a lot of pain for 4 weeks so anything that involved my muscles really :D

Back