• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Bypassers, do you have Hypothyroidism?

I didn't have a bypass. I had a sleeve gastrectomy. But I have hypothyroid and have been on thyroxine for years. I'm only 7 weeks post op but I guess it would be good if the surgery allowed me a lower dose of thyroid meds. Good luck!

I didn't have a bypass. I had a sleeve gastrectomy. But I have hypothyroid and have been on thyroxine for years. I'm only 7 weeks post op but I guess it would be good if the surgery allowed me a lower dose of thyroid meds. Good luck!

Hi Ditsy

Well done on your 49lb weight loss just 7 weeks post op.

If when you get your bloods checked next they will be able to tell.

How are you doing after your op?...What made you go for the Sleeve?...where did you get your surgery done?

~X~

Hi Ditsy

Well done on your 49lb weight loss just 7 weeks post op.

If when you get your bloods checked next they will be able to tell.

How are you doing after your op?...What made you go for the Sleeve?...where did you get your surgery done?

~X~

I haven't lost 49 lbs since the surgery, I had to lose weight before I would be considered for WLS at all on the NHS, so I lost a stone and a half then and maintained with a few wobbles like summer holidays and Christmas. Then on the pre op diet I lost about 10 lbs, and I now weigh 189. So about 2 stone post op. My surgery was delayed for a long time for various reasons, and my weight fluctuated a little while waiting but I didn't completely lose the plot so my pre-op yo-yos weren't too extreme.
I went for the sleeve because that's what my surgeon, Mr Fiennes thought was the best procedure for me. He's a fantastic surgeon, and a good, compassionate man. My case was complicated with other health problems. He took a risk doing WLS on me. I'll be forever grateful to him. I'm doing fine.
Good luck to you with whatever choice you make! :)

Last edited:
Back