• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

What to do when you go out for a meal

BEXS99

Loves this site x
Hiya

Just wondering what you order or eat when you go out for tea or dont you, just so i know x

Depends where we go.

If it's somewhere really obliging I quite often just have a starter. If not I'll have a main course I can manage some of - I find rissotto always works for me.

If it's a 'family' restaurant (Pizza, TGI Friday etc), I often find I can get away with not ordering anything and sharing a bit of someone else's pizza topping, salad or fajitas.

I have to be careful about wine. It's the only time I drink with a meal, but it still hits me really quickly.

I never eat desert :(

I'm normally ok at a carvery lots of veg.......elsewear i normaly have salad with some chicken x

jacket potato is often good for me, or lasagne, or a chicken dish of some kind if i order a main meal...people i am with usually finish it off lol

sometimes i will just order a starter....or if i am really cheeky and explain why i order from the kids menu :D

In my early days I would only order things that I had tried & tested at home... ordering starters/smaller portions is good advice from the others.

Are you / have you had a bypass or band Bex?

I always order from the kids menu :) and struggle to finish it sometimes but if they won't let me do that I have a starter as my main or I don't order anything and just nibble from everyone else's ;)

Usually what i like to eat :)

I would suggest you take a tupperware type plastic storage tub and take your leftovers home. Alternatively do what i do and either feed it to the husband or kids :)

Never have so many people wanted to sit by me whilst eating out :) Can't for the life of me think why....x

i have been out a couple of times - once for lunch and once for dinner.
When I went out for lunch there were no starters on the menu - so I explained to the waitress that I had a bypass and couldnt even manage a kids portion. The chef made me a lovely salad and I had 1 goujon with it - was very impressed with the service.
For the dinner - i was able to get a chicken salad from the starter menu - couldnt believe how big it was - couldnt even finish it lol

Kevin1708 said:
Harvester . . . steak / chicken and the salad bar xx

Great I love harvester I live literally nxt door to one and worried ild never ever b able to eat there again I love the salad cart mmmmmmm

Harvester for me!!!!!!! the fish n chips or the simply chicken!! I'm hungry now!! xxx

Laura, wait n see how much salad you can eat, you won't want to pay for it lol x

I eat what I want now, I used to order a starter, someyhing like fishcakes or stuffed mushrooms or whatever. I always drink loads before going, to leave a big enough gap and so as not to feel thirsty watching everyone eat and drink at the same time, as this Is the one thing I still struggle with.

Nowadays I can eat more and know well what is easiest. Id never go to pizza hut, but Prezzo for example do a lighter menu and their bruschetta with salad is divine...I just cut all the edges off ;) went out recently and had chicken forestiere with a couple of new pots and veg, going to a fish restaurant next week for my brothers 40th, and could eat most on their menu.

It's all about making sensible choices and I don't mess about with children's menus as I can't be bothered explaining why :D I can always eat LOADS of salads tho, that's a safe bet with fish or meat.

I'm just over a year post op and go anywhere. I never order pizza, steaks or burgers as they really are just too much but I do try everything else.

Sometimes I just have a starter for my main or else I'll order a normal main and eat up to half.

I know we're supposed to opt for protein but if I'm out with people who don't know about the bypass I go for a vege dish as I can usually eat a bit more of it. Leaving a huge lump of meat on my plate makes me feel very obvious.

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

phatmomma said:
Laura, wait n see how much salad you can eat, you won't want to pay for it lol x

Iv heard a lot of ppl say salad digests easy so they can eat a lot?? I'm not fussed either way as long as I can have a bit, I'll order a main and I'm sure my family or friends will eat the rest lol how do ppl find chips?? Can u eat them? I love jacket potatoes so probably end up with that anyway but just wondering xx

Chips are such a waste of pouch space to me, I've had the odd one but never order them and don't really enjoy them any more. There are do many more tasty foods out there :D I only ever have 1-2 tiny new potatoes or a little rice, hardly ever pasta. I do protein, then veg/salad and a bit of carb cos we need it, that's all xx

Back