• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

What do u order off the menu

vickylou

I know it will be a while before I will be eatting out, but I have been looking online on all the different restaurant menus and was wondering what u guys order after a bypass?

All I am finding is grilled chicken and Sunday dinners? What if chicken doesn't agree with me? what do u normally have? And where do u normally go?

Last edited:
I usually have either omlette or fish and maybe salad. Avoid pasta, chips potatoes or carbs in any form really and maybe pinch a spoonful of someone elses pudding so that I don't feel so deprived!!

Yes I agree with all of the above i recently went to Nandos and week after Chiquittos I had achicken and veg wrap and just chicken which was free with a voucher my daughter had I have also been where they do hoit beef baguettes and chips I can only eat a tiny few chips 3 or 4 and I ask for no bun just meat with gravy and eat what i feel comfy with so anything I fancy really just don't eat it all or get a kids portion. xx

Are all the coatings on the fish ok or do they make people dump?

Well I've not really noticed anything its just a game of trial and error and how your body reacts at that moment in time xx

I went put for a meal last wk and ordered bbq chicken and chips ate half my chicken nearly and 3 chips, I was devasted cause the chicken was lovely and I found leaving a plate full of my favourite foods hard, didnt help cause the portion sizes were huge hubby was even too full for desert but there cakes r huge so they do cakeaway, hubby got flake cheesecake for home. but cakes dont bother me at all, It was a new restaurant n everyone was talking bout it so hubby really wanted to go, not sure when we'll go bk cause I felt it was a waste for me, maybe nxt time we'll go with the kids n they mite pk at mine after theres ha x

I tend to have one of the snacks or starters as they're smaller, and see what I can manage. I don't bother with chips or potatoes as I can't manage them. The best thing is I don't miss them either :)

Yeah its awful leaving half your meal but its better for us and at least we are at a stage where we can once over we would have gobbled it all down and been stuffed. Now we know when we are getting full it bugs the hell out of us but we have to stop else what was our op for. xx WE do want to be slimmer so we have to control our bad eating habits.

I am going to take plastic microwave containers out with me lol. Do my own doggy bag. That chicken would have gone in it lol

i agree with Fuffs.... ive not been out for a meal yet.. but im gonna take a plastic tub with me when i do.. so i can bring home my left overs... after all you pay for the meal your entitled to bring it home.
I have a friend who due to crohns can only eat small amounts... i have been with her when she has put her left overs in a tub to take home and she in 15 years of doing this hasnt had any issues so far xx

yes tis a good idea cos if not we are going to fatten our partners and kids up leaving them left lovers.xx

I'm doing that. Already have a small bento box to carry lunch with me while I'm pre opping. Gonna get a bigger one for left overs post op. Also I was thinking maybe just eating a bit off my partners plate to begin with. Explaining to the staff or getting sharing platters.

When I go out I tend to pick a restaurant where I already know the menu so it's not a stressful procedure deciding what I want. So nando's I get either a chicken salad with olives or a chicken wrap. La tasca is a good one or spanish restaurants in general as you can have tapas so the dishes are small and everyone shares anyway so no-one notices how much or little you eat. We went to TGI friday last week and I ordered chicken as a side dish and a salmon salad for main, was lovely.

:)

with the bypassers do u get the sauces on them or not or ask for them sparate?

Whenever I eat out my tubs come to I eat my fill then discretely pop the leftovers in my tub & I have it another day. That way I don't feel judged for not eating it all or rude for leaving it not do I feel I've wasted my money on food I can't eat. Or I pick from the starter menu. I also joined BOSPA who send you a card so you can order fro kids or starter menu.

Bospa charges £20 to join them so if its just a card you are after you can print one out yourself.. or request one on a new thread as there r a couple of people on here who will send you one for a small fee or a self addressed envelope x

I think it depends on what you like to eat I do like sauces but it does help things go down bit easier. Today for my lunch which on Saturday is my main meal I have had a lean bacon chop cooked in oven with fat removed before and after cooking leeks with bit of bisto granule cheese sauce and one tiny new potato was delicious couldn't eat all tha chop ate most of leeks in sauce but struggled with potato and last bit went in the bin but was delish just a little bit of what you fancy somew times just want dry chicken with nothing on. A mini pack of fridge raiders has 5 small pieces of chicken in and sometimes if i fancy a change i have one of them for a protein snack, theyre a nice alternative if you going out for picnic or just a packed lunch. xx

safc_chick said:
I went put for a meal last wk and ordered bbq chicken and chips ate half my chicken nearly and 3 chips, I was devasted cause the chicken was lovely and I found leaving a plate full of my favourite foods hard, didnt help cause the portion sizes were huge hubby was even too full for desert but there cakes r huge so they do cakeaway, hubby got flake cheesecake for home. but cakes dont bother me at all, It was a new restaurant n everyone was talking bout it so hubby really wanted to go, not sure when we'll go bk cause I felt it was a waste for me, maybe nxt time we'll go with the kids n they mite pk at mine after theres ha x

where was the restaurant it sounds fab

Its called oak tree farm at Doxford International in Sunderland xx

i agree with Fuffs.... ive not been out for a meal yet.. but im gonna take a plastic tub with me when i do.. so i can bring home my left overs... after all you pay for the meal your entitled to bring it home.
I have a friend who due to crohns can only eat small amounts... i have been with her when she has put her left overs in a tub to take home and she in 15 years of doing this hasnt had any issues so far xx

I went out for the first time post op last night - very excited and lovely to go out with friends. I looked online at the menu prior to going and had decided on a few things that I could mash up with my fork.

I opted for the shepherds pie,(it was a toss up with that and the sea bass on puy lentils) I took a small lunch box in my handbag, and as soon as it arrived I put half into my box - no one noticed and it was great as it looked like I had finished my meal along with every one else - today I have a lovely lunch all ready for me!

For desert I asked for a cup of hot skimmed milk, as I keep the single sachet's of options in my bag at all times - added that and sipped away while the others were munching on their stick toffee puddings.

I had a lovely evening, it was not stressful at all, and I feel confident that I can go out again and make good and safe choices - and also that Browns is a good place to go as the potions are small!
xx:)xx

Back