• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

What to do?

PinkyButtonz

I'm really not sure what to do.

I've only told my daughter, brother and mum that I'm having Bypass.

I'm not sure whether to tell my best friend who is visiting from oversea's.
She let me down in the past. I told her when I was having another op. Even though I didn't say don't tell anyone I thought it was a given.

To my suprise I was shock when one of her family members asked me about the op :mad:. I was fuming but kept it to myself because there was kids around.

So do I tell her or not thats what I'm asking myself. We usually tell each other everything.

Difficult one. The choice has to be yours in the end huni but I wouldn't tell her. I made the decision to tell no one other than my boss (Well I was going to be off work for two weeks) my partner and daughter, and two very close ex work mates I knew I could trust implicitly. The reason for this was just in case the operation didn't happen. Once it was over I didn't care who knew

Good luck with your choice xx

Hi pinky xx

Trust your own instincts.Hope you dont mind my saying but you posted it in forum so the doubts are there, so I would say no . But up to you at the end of the day.

Good luck in wot u decide - all the best - MeJulie x

Hi pinky xx

Trust your own instincts.Hope you dont mind my saying but you posted it in forum so the doubts are there, so I would say no . But up to you at the end of the day.

Good luck in wot u decide - all the best - MeJulie x

No I don't mind.

I think I know what to do really. I just feel guilty as we always tell each other everything.

We have been through a lot in our 24 years of friendship and that was the only time I felt let me down.

I think I'll just keep it in the family :).

I've told my husband and my mum. They are the only people I can trust :)

Tough call but like you say you think you know the answer already! My partner, mom and sister know. I've not told my children yet, they are 10 & 12 as i am not anticipating surgery for at least 6 months and i don't want them worrying. I will tell them closer to the time as obviously mom is gonna be away in hospital for a couple of days (hopefully).

Good luck with your choice Pinky xx

If you did'nt have any doubts then we would'nt be here answering your questions so in my eyes you don't trust her enough to tell her. If she let you down once before then there is no guarantee she won't do it again. Personally if the secret of this op means so much to you then NO don't tell her.The choice is yours at the end of the day but extra stress over whether she will or won't tell is not going to be good for you sweetheart.

Back