• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

What to eat 2 years post op

Andrea73

Hi Guys, I'm 2 years post op so you would think I would be a dab hand at this by now. I've pretty much maintained for 1.5 years but just recently I've had a change in medication for my anxiety/depression and my weight has started to creep up. It could be because I'm starting to feel a bit better that my appetite has increased but I want to nip this in the bud before anymore weight goes on. The Olanzapine can cause me to crave chocolate so the docs says!!! Thats all I need LOL.

Anyway just wanted to hear from all you experienced people what you eat on a daily basis so that I can get back to basics and start getting this few pounds back off.

Thanks again and Merry Christmas. x

Go back to basics Andrea and fill up with protein first,be aware of the munchies and find something that gives you that kick without loads of calories ie lf chocolate mousse or Options!Maz x

Also don't stress about it too much, I obsessed when I put on a bit of weight. I found that actually just relaxing and listening to my body helped, eat when I'm hungry and drink when I'm thirsty. Sounds too simple but it works for me. I still don't eating any old crap - I put in something I know is going to give me goodness as well as pleasure!!

xx.

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Can you help me with maintaining 12 months after op. I can eat anything and I don't dump which is not good. I also feel I can eat a lot more than in previous months. Is this normal?

Can you help me with maintaining 12 months after op. I can eat anything and I don't dump which is not good. I also feel I can eat a lot more than in previous months. Is this normal?

Definitely do the 5 day pouch test. I do this quite often to keep myself in check.

Back