• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

What to expect

charliegirl

Getting agitated about seeing Mr Ammori on tuesday and dont know what to expect, it could be make or break for me and I dont want to blow it....anyone any advice? Also how long can I expect to be in for as I have a moaning friend coming with me and he wants to know how long he will have to wait! He is only coming because I dont know where I am going and its late at night other wise I would not be taking him.....xx

My initial appointment was about three quarters of an hour but I would imagine it depends on the individual consultant. It was more of a chat about your general health and your eating habits. I was quite sure about having a bypass and the consultant was in agreement with this as I was a picker rather than having big meals I also loved sweet things. He then explained about the operation, how it will be performed, what is done and what to expect after. He then asked if I had any questions. The pre-op appointment took the whole afternoon.

i decided to see mr Ammori on pre op day so all done at once, the visit with mr Ammori was about 15 mins as i knew i wanted bypass surgery the pre op tests were about 40 mins. i then went the next day for my operation

julie

Ok stop worrying, he's a great guy and will instantly put you at ease, agree this is a big step but he see's hundreds just like you each year.
I only met Basil Ammori on the day of my op, as i was refered to him by my consultant as he's considered one of the best in the business.
I can say for defiante what he's going to be looking for, but at a guess he's going to need to see that you understand what your getting into, that a bypass will change your life forever (in a good way) and that you can cope with the small downsides, he'll also ask about your health etc, he'll expect you to probably have health issues as its part of being obese for a lot of people.

Relax your in good hands, consider yourself very lucky, this surgeon has a very good success rate, with no post operative issues, he'll hand stitch inside which means less surgical adhesion and no leakage, he's renound for this technique through out the industry - ask him about it !

Best wishes

Richard

Thanks Richard, I heard so many good things about him I feel very blessed to have been referred to him. I wont let myself get excited just yet I think that will have to wait until its definite. I so what to change my life and think its a risk worth taking for me....xx

Hi Linda, Mr Ammori was great when i saw him. i saw the bariatric nurse initially (who herself has had the bypass) and she went through everything with me. i had tests done and that all took about an hour. (alot of which i sat crying in her office) soft cow that i am!!!

I then saw Mr Ammori for about 15 mins and he just spent time talking me through the procedure and calming me down. i did take a list of questions all of which were answered just wish i had been on this sit beforehand as there is so much i didn't know. you will be fine hun and don't let your mate take over your consultation!! x

Linda - Tammy's right, the op is for you not your friend so it has to be your decision, by all means take someone to support you, but its you that will have to live with this for the rest of your life........remember wives, husbands, boyfriends, girlfriends, friends come and go, but a bypass is for life :D

You'll be fine hun, and Basils a nice man, so dont worry.

R

Hi Linda, Mr Ammori was great when i saw him. i saw the bariatric nurse initially (who herself has had the bypass) and she went through everything with me. i had tests done and that all took about an hour. (alot of which i sat crying in her office) soft cow that i am!!!

I then saw Mr Ammori for about 15 mins and he just spent time talking me through the procedure and calming me down. i did take a list of questions all of which were answered just wish i had been on this sit beforehand as there is so much i didn't know. you will be fine hun and don't let your mate take over your consultation!! x

He will be outside in the car he aint coming in lol......xx

Linda - Tammy's right, the op is for you not your friend so it has to be your decision, by all means take someone to support you, but its you that will have to live with this for the rest of your life........remember wives, husbands, boyfriends, girlfriends, friends come and go, but a bypass is for life :D

You'll be fine hun, and Basils a nice man, so dont worry.

R

My friend is coming purely to navigate the dark dirt track that I have been told to drive down to find the clinic. My only worry is that he says no and then I have to look for a plan b....xx

Good luck for tomorrow :)

Dont worry about your friend, either he takes you or you ring a taxi and let them worry about the navigation lol.

Fingers crossed, let us all know how you get on :DYou will be fine

Maxine
xx

Hi Linda

Good luck for tomorrow hun,thinking of you.

Let me know how you get on please.:bliss:

Di xxxx

Thanks Di, I have had a call from Mr Ammori's secretary I thought she was calling to cancel!!!! Anyway she was just confirming she had my paperwork from Dr New's sec despite her asking for them on wednesday she had to call again today to get them faxed over. She was really nice and supportive and was talking me through things, she said if he says yes I will feel so different to how I feel now. I am literally scared stiff and cannot settle to do anything I keep making lists of things I need to do around the house and nothing is getting done when I am back at work I will kick myself for wasting all this time, wish I could go to sleep and wake up in the appointment lol....how you feeling hun you doing ok? xx

Hi Linda

What you have to think is, everything is going your way,ok most of it is due to your hard work but even so dont give up now,you will get the yes and before you know it you will be on that lovely pre-op diet lol.
As for me,i am still plodding on,just rung Mr Ackroyds secretary as i havent had a letter to confirm i am having the intragastric balloon next weds yet,and she has just confirmed i am going into hospital on tuesday for the balloon to be fitted weds morning.:D

Thats me all nervous again now.

Good luck again for tomorrow.

Di xxxx

Last edited:
Back