• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

What's normal ?!

happyhilary

My cousin has a burger van and I pop up for a coffee and a chat about once a week . Today my other cousin was there and he had a bypass about 3 yrs ago. He has lost around 16 stone and Is looking very well . He orderd and ate a cheese salade French stick . It wasn't the choice of food that concerned me it was the volume he can eat . He rides his bike alot and looks very well but I couldn't understand how there was room in his pouch for this amount of food ? He ate it in next to no time ? Now I'm worried that I will be able to eat that much within another year ? At the weekend for a treat we had pitza I had two slices but was very uncomfortable for some time after , so how can he fit that much in ?

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Well it is possible to stretch your new pouch if you continue to eat until you are full to bursting each time you eat. The trick is to recognise the signs that you are getting full then stop eating before that awful bloated feeling comes. You can get used to it and if you don;t want tostretch your pouch then you have to, we've come to far to spoil it now. x

I can't eat very much at all . My cousin works out and is very active so he must burn it off I was just very shocked at how much in volume he managed to eat .

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

our pouches will stretch over time a friend of a friend was out with us before my op and i didnt know until recently that she had a bypass 2 years ago and had lost 12 stone... she ate a starter, carvery dinner and a dessert.. then drunk loads of wine after in the pub. i spoke to her recently and she said that as time goes on she can eat more... but she maintains very well as she still sticks to low fat foods... and just eats more on the rare night out... but she said she is very strict during the week x

my friend is 4 years post op and can eat a portion of chicken and chips with a can of coke quite easily, she is currently on a diet to lose excess weight but not obv on a larger scale....

your pouch stretches, we just need to teach ourselves how to eat like a normal person during the time its small!

Back