• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

whats the pooled surgical list

BEXS99

Loves this site x
Hiya

Mr consultants secretary messaged me today asking if i would like to go on the pool surgical list, and this will bring my operation forward, she will phone me to tell me what consultant is free to do the operation, as you can imagine i snatched her hand off, anyone know about this xx

Hiya

Mr consultants secretary messaged me today asking if i would like to go on the pool surgical list, and this will bring my operation forward, she will phone me to tell me what consultant is free to do the operation, as you can imagine i snatched her hand off, anyone know about this xx

As far as I am aware I think that pooled lists are one way to maximize theatre times and equalize waiting times for operations, I think this is wot they called my surgery when I was waiting for my gallbladder removal, so I didnt wait twice/three times a long for my surgery and I was given the choice of hosp ( not sure if it is the same criteria for wls tho) Let us know how u get on. xxx

Sounds good, but lets hope they are all bariatric trained - wouldnt like to be operated on by a Gynaecologist or Brain Surgeon!! lol xx

thanks hun, i will do, omg am so excited lol x Maybe cos my funding there they want the money, and am not bothered who does it as long as they've been trained lol x

op

Sounds good, but lets hope they are all bariatric trained - wouldnt like to be operated on by a Gynaecologist or Brain Surgeon!! lol xx

oh god i hope not hun :eek:

On a pooled list you could be offered surgery at relatively short notice if a space (or extra spaces) on theatre list is opened up and don't worry because whichever surgeon you get will have the experience needed for your operation.

Back