• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

What's wrong with bread?

Chip Butties being one of my favourites lol!!!

Mmmmm chip buttie :break_diet:

In my info from my provider on menu Idea's it says from 5 wks have dry toast and its says bread is never tolerated very well(there is a list of foods). I'll sttay away from bread,pasta,etc because I really do not fancy chewing it to a slimey liquid before swallowing it:9529:

Ha ha liquid bread yum yum x

Yes, time for me to say farewell to bread which has been my downfall also. One of the sleeve ladies I spoke to at my support group said she also used to love and eat too much bread, that she cannot now, and she does not miss it. That was music to my ears! x x (oh God yes, Amanda, chip butties are divine!)

I eat a slice of toast but it has to be crispy almost burnt and I never put anything on it while it's hot so don't make it soggy :) peanut butter is high in protein and nice on crispy toast :) I had a tin of mackerel in tomato sauce on it the other day and it was yummy too x

I like to say that " there is no food in that food for me!! " I had gastric bypass and there is limited room in my tum for valuable things. I've got to get about 65 grams of protein in a day! A piece of bread has hardly any!!!! I do 1 slice of whole wheat or seeded in the morning with real butter ( fibre and oils needed to run my body)... The rest of the day is protein first :))

I'm the same very rarely have bread or fruit or veg x annoyed with myself today I was out shopping went into Holland and Barrett to get protein bar while penny sale still on didn't have my glasses with me so asked a customer to read the label how many forms protein she answered 41 in whole bar so I bought 2 and ate one for my lunch, when I got home checked on my fitness pal and it was 41 carbs and 2 protein ggggrrr so annoyed I didn't stick to usual one which I know :( lesson learnt in 2 ways take my glasses and stick to what I know x

bread for me just comes straight back up, and i avoid it now, but i love crispbreads which are very crunchy and taste great.

I'm the same very rarely have bread or fruit or veg x annoyed with myself today I was out shopping went into Holland and Barrett to get protein bar while penny sale still on didn't have my glasses with me so asked a customer to read the label how many forms protein she answered 41 in whole bar so I bought 2 and ate one for my lunch, when I got home checked on my fitness pal and it was 41 carbs and 2 protein ggggrrr so annoyed I didn't stick to usual one which I know :( lesson learnt in 2 ways take my glasses and stick to what I know x

Oh dear :/ Can I ask which protein bar you use/would recommend? And I presume although they are high protein they are also low in sugar? I might pop into Holland and Barrett tomorrow :) x x

I get the strawberry shortcake one usually or the flashback it's 26 carbs and 31 protein in 78 grm bar, only 6 fat x I don't really like chocolate on things but if you do then there are quite a few to choose from :) I always try to get them in penny sale coz they're £2'89 each more or less ours is only a small Holland's so probably more choice in bigger or even on line x

I use natures best sports protein bars chocolate flavour ones the recipe has changed & so much more chewy than in the past 60g bar has 194 calories, 4.2g total fat, 3.1g saturated fat, 0.1mg sodium, 18.1g carbs, 8.2g fibre, 4.3g sugar & 21g protein.
They do a yoghurt coated mango one that is nice but I wasn't as keen on it as the chocolate one but that to may have changed since I last tried them.
They are available on line & the larger the quantities you buy the cheaper the deal they are 12 to a box & delicious.
myprotein.com also do several sorts of bars & cookies etc I have had in the past had the max pro ones which are ok but I don't enjoy them as much but they have more flavour variety than natures best.

sports direct do some for 99p they're mostly chocolate covered, don't you think it's funny why they put chocolate round things that are supposed to be a healthy choice coz they know fatties buy these trying to convince themselves they're ok for them :) we've all done it even weight watchers have sweet range and push them at meetings , they're supposed to be helping us not encourage to eat the sweet stuff xxx if we are addicted to sweets choc crisps or whatever it makes no difference if they're low fat low sugar were still convincing ourselves it's ok to eat them x ( hope that made sense )

sports direct do some for 99p they're mostly chocolate covered, don't you think it's funny why they put chocolate round things that are supposed to be a healthy choice coz they know fatties buy these trying to convince themselves they're ok for them :) we've all done it even weight watchers have sweet range and push them at meetings , they're supposed to be helping us not encourage to eat the sweet stuff xxx if we are addicted to sweets choc crisps or whatever it makes no difference if they're low fat low sugar were still convincing ourselves it's ok to eat them x ( hope that made sense )

I know what you mean. Did you watch the Dispatches documentary about Weight Watchers last night? Kerching! x x

no but I know they make a lot of money and all at our expense :) exploitation is the name of the game x just think how many times have we been back and forth over the years paid our fees etc and dropped out again and it's millions of us not just a few x

Exactly. I know it works for some people, but it never worked for me. So happy to be getting off that slimming club treadmill. I'd hate to think about the monies I've spent over the years! :/ x x x

Back