• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Whats wrong with me!!!

yviec1972

playing the waiting game
I have always been a jolly fat bird and have never really minded being big. Even when i hit 21 1/2 stone I wasn't devastated. Then I got diabetes and lost 4 stones that was seven years ago and my weight has been around the same give or take half a stone. But last year my diabetes got worse and now I inject twice a day. My doc sat me down and went through the benefits of bariatric surgery and I looked into it and found that there is a good chance that I can cure my diabetes. I never minded being big but I do mind being poorly.

I'm sorry I'm rambling but I have just turned 40 and me and the gals went to the races and we took pictures like you do. Anyway I looked at them today and burst into tears. I look.like a heffer. I was always comfortable in my skin so why do I suddenly feel ashamed of my size? I have been happily married for 19 years and have great friends so why do I feel like this.

I've got my funding now so its all a waiting game but I hate feeling this way.

think we all look at the world and ourselfs through rose tinted glasses i used to always think when i saw someone overweight i hope i dont look like that even though i knew deep down i was probably heavier or say to ourselves im happy how i am when deep down were not really or avoid mirrors because we dont want to see whats really there
if the benefits outway the negatives for you healthwise well you should do whats right for you

sorry for rambling

but make the choice for u not someone else
good luck on your journey

Aaaw I know how you feel and I'm pretty sure most people on here do too.
I was so offended when my GP called me obese, I'd always considered myself overweight.
But the shock of it made me face facts and take up my GP's offer of a bariatric referral.
I always offer to take the phots so i dont have to be on them, but just think in a year or so's time how good we'll both look on photos!
Em xxxx

It always makes more of an impact when it's someone with authority who points out our weight.

It's normal to have periods of insecurity, accept it and it will go away :) also, how awesome is it that you can be cured of your diabetes?

yviec1972 said:
I have always been a jolly fat bird and have never really minded being big. Even when i hit 21 1/2 stone I wasn't devastated. Then I got diabetes and lost 4 stones that was seven years ago and my weight has been around the same give or take half a stone. But last year my diabetes got worse and now I inject twice a day. My doc sat me down and went through the benefits of bariatric surgery and I looked into it and found that there is a good chance that I can cure my diabetes. I never minded being big but I do mind being poorly.

I'm sorry I'm rambling but I have just turned 40 and me and the gals went to the races and we took pictures like you do. Anyway I looked at them today and burst into tears. I look.like a heffer. I was always comfortable in my skin so why do I suddenly feel ashamed of my size? I have been happily married for 19 years and have great friends so why do I feel like this.

I've got my funding now so its all a waiting game but I hate feeling this way.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with you my lovely. Good for you for being happy with who you are. Do you want surgery? You need to do what's best for you. Lots of people live perfectly normal, healthy lives with well controlled diabetes, surgery isn't the always the answer. However, if you've started to feel negatively about yourself and your appearance then maybe it is. Don't be pressured or do anything half heartedly my lovely. Its YOUR life xx

My hubby has type 2 diabetes and is on Metformin and an injection called Liraglutide.It helps kerb appetite and helps the pancreas work better.His numbers were really high and not controlled with diet and Metformin/Gliclizide,his numbers have come right down and he hardly eats now!If it stops working he will go on to insulin but for now hes doing ok.

Back