• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Whos ur saboteur??

Laura b

2011 a new begginning
Mines deffo my other half, he loves take outs and would literally live on them! Iv always been a big girl but never this big he wants take outs all the time... Iv cooked his tea he's eaten it and now gone to watch the foot he's been txing me the last hour trying to talk me into havin a curry!!!
He knows I'm trying to cut down, trying to change my life style b4 my op, trying to lose as much weight as possible yet he does this!! I ain't give in but normally I would I wasn't even hungry until he suggested a curry now I'm starving but no I ain't gave in like normal I'm gonna eat some fruit lol carnt he see I need to do this?? Why won't he help?? Do u have a saboteur?? X

Laura, my Trev put a similar thing on his FB page the other day... That's where i confessed we are each other's saboteurs when it suits us... If i fancy an egg custard i'll buy two and offer one to him with the excuse it's protein base etc you get my drift?

I am also turning into a feeder, as in i make Trev have my leftovers, not that he needs much making!

I don't think we do it deliberately and how many of us even know we are doing it?

At the moment you and your partners shared love is not only each other but also food. Maybe you could get him to find another shared love that might not include food but could involve exercise... without leaving home if necessary ;) xx

Love ur suggestion lol ;-)
I carnt say I'm always perfect most of the time iv not took much persuasion but when I'm on a diet I'm on a diet I'm so good and I do succeed but then it gets to a point where u can only say no so many times and I give in and there u r all my weight bk on and more I don't want to do that this time I want this op and I want to try and lose as much weight as I can b4 I have it although he's supportive in my decision to have surgery he don't make my relationship with food very easy to break it's like "one more won't hurt" " u deserve a naughty night uv done good" "fancy a chinesse u can have chow mein" little does he know one more will hurt, ok iv been good that's cus I wanna change my lifestyle and o ok I'll have chow mein while u sit there and eat our usual favourite order!!!!
It's getting me down I don't think he realises wat a state I am and actually how big iv got!!! Ild love to tell him my weight to shock him but I'm too embarrassed x

Laura why not compromise? If you know he's wanting take away why not make sure it's your proper meal (no disrespect but i used to have a takeaway cos i was hungry at 9 in the evening - after having my tea at 5 o'clock) and then maybe get him to have something like an indian where you can have a dry chicken tikka starter with salad n a jacket? That way he gets his curry he don't nag you and you've been good and can feel self righteous in your goodness? Just a thought, i know exactly how you feel, my ex hubby was the same. You'll do it girl because you want it bad enough xxxx

Yea that's wat I think I will do the thing is he's not small himself he could do with losing a bit of weight about 2-3 stone not as much as me but he could easily do that, he don't go without he has takeouts at work or he eats out cafe, chippy even known him to eat a chinesse in the day!! That's fine by me I'm not there but then I cook him a healthy meal and he has that then has a beer and wants more!!! I know wat u mean about eating ur main meal then a take out that sounds like me on my usual weekend :-( until about 4 wks ago now I really wanna do well and I will but good suggestion about doin that think that's wats gonna happen xx

Back