• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

When did you know ....

looking forward

After the initial high of having surgery, and losing the first lot of weight. When did it become real that this was going to work for you. ?

I just wondered because I've had a bit of a 'blip' recently.Most of you have had fantastic weight loss and I wondered when you felt confident that ,yes this can work.

I'm looking forward to the time I can relax and feel assured that I am actually going to lose the weight for good this time.

I'd like to hear from both Banders and bypass people

I find it strange but I lost weight on my own and even now am convinced my weight loss isnt working or I am seeing no results its like the scale means nothing because on a daily basis even after losing 12 stone I dont feel slimmer or lighter not really,its like I am waiting for the weight loss to show or suddenly feel normal and slim and it already is but I cant see it just trust the fact it is weight loss plays mind games with you,I assume its no different for a bypass just enjoy it and know that you will be normal sometime in a year or so depending how much you have to lose, dont keep second guessing yourself and waiting for the moment you arent fat anymore it happens while you are waiting for it and with a bypass unless you are a medical freak it has to work.I see myself in pictures and dont believe for one moment I am that slim or that my own weight loss has produced those results

Hi Looking forward
It's a bit early for me being only 4 weeks post op(bypass) and at this moment i know i've paid for a tool to help me lose this weight and i'm stiil trying to get my head around all that this entails but have the determination and will to make it work. I'm sure there will be some peeps along soon who are further down the road on their journey than me x

I've only just realised how the amount of weight I've lost has made a difference. I was still looking at size 24/26 clothes (was a 28/30) and finished up with a size 20. I had'nt realised how much smaller I was, I just knew I weighed less if that makes sense lolxx

I'm 4 week's post op today (Band) i've lost 29lb & feel great, it's will power getting me through this as i don't have any fill in my band, My first fill is 30th Sept as i'm on holiday for the next 2 week's so can't have fill until i arrive home, I knew as soon as i passed over my £7,grand that is was going to work!!!!!!! No choice :)

I look forward to the day when I don't even have to think constantly about what I eat. When good habits just become the norm.

Maybe one day it will happen

:sigh::sigh::sigh:

Back