• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

when do you think i'll be able to exercise again!?

WeightlossDreamer

Hiya 8 days post op here! Ive been walking the dog everyday, each walk is getting longer too i only have little legs so dont walk particularly fast but feel good afterwards. When did you guys start doing pre op exercise again i was exercising 30 mins a day on the pre op diet doing things like wii fit and weights??

I would leave weights, squats, lunges, sit-ups for about 3 months. Easy jogging, cross trainer sort of thing about 4-6 weeks. Try it slowly and listen to your body if it tells you to stop, if it does wait a week to try again.

Your provider will of course be the best people to ask!

I think walking/power walking is the most effective things until you feel stronger and able to step up the exercise

I have back problems so exercise is hard for me..but gentle walking is fine
Good Luck Kirsty :)

be aware that sit ups can be bad for banders, my provider advises they are avoided altogether and from personal experience before I was told that I can say how bad the pain is if you do them! It can cause issues to the port area and the muscles where the tube runs from the band to the port.

Check with your provider, but my own advises 4-5 weeks for gym activities of low intensity, 8+ for more intense. But also be aware that high impact and more intense exercising, can cause the band and restriction to increase.

ok cool thanks guys! I had only been doing wii fit previous to surgery my treadmill gets delivered oct 30th. I'm going for my stitches out thursday so ill see what they say then. Walking a lot more now clairemarie recommended the mapmywalk app and i have to say its really good! You put your height and weight in click go when you set off and it tracks how far you go in km, your pace and how many calories you burn. I walked 2.21kms with the dog in 33 mins and burned 229cals, my net calories for the day now are at just 100 and i ahd already taken the dog this morning too but not used the app lol! So feeling very fresh and good now! Do you guys use the app? x

Just noticed your punch line at the bottom of your siggy..Love it..
I just went for a small walk its all I can do at moment etc as I have tried to stop taking high dosage pain killers since my op..I have spinal problems so walking is uncomfortable
But I managed a short walk in the late afternoon sunshine and it was lovely!!!!

I'm not a bander but I'm seeing my doctor Thursday (I'll be two weeks out then) to get the go ahead for swimming, it was by far the most effective exercise I did prior to my bypass. My surgeon shrugged when I asked him, he said when I feel ready.

Just noticed your punch line at the bottom of your siggy..Love it..
I just went for a small walk its all I can do at moment etc as I have tried to stop taking high dosage pain killers since my op..I have spinal problems so walking is uncomfortable
But I managed a short walk in the late afternoon sunshine and it was lovely!!!!

Your doin amazin val will power of steel! x

I'm not a bander but I'm seeing my doctor Thursday (I'll be two weeks out then) to get the go ahead for swimming, it was by far the most effective exercise I did prior to my bypass. My surgeon shrugged when I asked him, he said when I feel ready.

WW i might ask them thursday about swimmin then, i dont like it but i do it cos it helps with toning the body too, Val have you considered swimming? x

Back