• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

When should i ring? **Update**

FEDup1981

I WILL look like this!!
Ok so i was told over the phone last thursday that my op would be 14th April. Got a diet sheet letter on friday, with a hand written note on the bottom saying "Your operation is booked for 14.04.09"

And that was it. No confirmation of which hospital, what time and day i have to be there, no admission letter or anything. Post has come today, and no letter.

The secretary is a bit of a cow by all accounts, so tbh dont want to ring her, but ill have to, to get the details. When would you ring, my op is 8 days away, and we have a long BH weekend with no post?

UPDATE
Just rang the secretary and asked if i would receive an admission letter, and she said the Thornbury hospital (im nhs but having it at private hosp) would send me one direct. Why she couldnt have wrote that on last weeks letter i dont know!
Anyway rang Thornbury, and she said letter will be sent and i should get it by wednesday. But she said he starts his list at 5pm, so ill prob have to be there for 3pm.

Great news - but god knows what time ill come out of theatre!

Last edited:
thanks girls, i read ur posts, and decided to ring! 1st post updated!

Back