• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Confused!!!

fatfree81

Wants to be fat free!!!
Hi all, a little confused.. Does'nt take much!!! Lol
If you have not read my previous post then a quick recap... Lol
Saw consultant weds and he said happy for bypass and happy with progress.. Hooray.. And that anaesthetic appointment will be in sept.. So all happy I left..
But this morning letter arrived with URGENT on it so opened it and it's a appointment for 7th august.. Wow..
But lower down the page there is bold writing that says..

THIS IS YOUR PRE ASSESSMENT FOR SURGERY, PLEASE BRING YOUR ADMISSION LETTER, ADMISSION LETTER WILL COME SEPARATE BEFORE THIS APPOINTMENT..

ADMISSION LETTER????? Is that a letter with a surgery op date on it???? Really so fast.. Very confused:confused:

Hi Fat Free 81

Hospitals and their confusing letters they ought to win an Olympic medal at times.

Best thing is give your contact (if you have a team contact), or the consultants secretary a call on Monday and ask if they can find out what is happening.

xx

Really excited to hear what the 'separate letter' says. (Not as excited as you are I am sure but sounds promising) xx

I had the same sequence of letters, my second letter had my date on it! I'd call tomorrow and hopefully they'll have some exciting news for you!

Pre assessment appointment is pretty straight forward, medical questionnaire about any previous surgery, weight, measurements, bloods, wee all tested, swabs for MRSA in your mouth and groin and that's all I remember of it.

My appointment was 2 weeks before surgery so they had time to "fix" anything they found which for me was just low vitamin D3 which I treated with supplements.

Fingers crossed for you X

Wow... Feel like I am in a magical whirl wind...lol
When I was in the hospital it was all about them having "the meeting" in sept to decided the procedure then I come home to get "urgent" letter.. Saying appointment in august..Now feel all tingly with excitement... Think I gonna pop!!!!!

Back