• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

When were you driving again?

Mine were glued I think each surgeon has his own preference

I've had a sleeve and was told 2 weeks and I felt fine to do an emergency stop before that but didn't drive until the full 2 weeks best to always check xx

I was driving a week after my sleeve. Surgeon said after a week was fine as long as I could do an emergency stop.

Yes instead of stitches I had staples and I be leave most have them they are not painful and sting a bit on removal but it's ok Hope the pics not to yuk
Seriously ???? Omg.
I've had two wls ( keyhole) had tinchy ickle stitches first time then dissolving ones or perhaps glue? I forget.
Bloody terrified of the staple gun. They're for upholstery !

Wow, some of you are saying your provider said six weeks! I hope mine doesn't .... I will need to get to work in a couple of weeks after having surgery (with no one to drive me, and the bus takes an hour and a half to work - if you're lucky [coverage is spotty at best] and the car is about 20 minutes in traffic...)

Depends on the op and type of work when I had a band fitted I went back after a week but bypass had 4 weeks off as I do heavy lifting now when I had a band I was teaching
Every one is different and only go back when your ready don't risk it for a few days see how you feel
Good luck

I was glued and stapled. There removal was painless x

I'm only worried because of my c-section experience. These are a lot smaller and in a much less tender area. The had to remove them alternatively over 2 day as they were so painful xx

Back