• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

driving after surgery

vickip99

Hi all how long did people wait before they got bk behind the wheel driving again after bypass? Im wanting to drive myself to hospital and back again after my operation if possible xx

Due to the effects of the general anaesthetic you should not drive due to the effects it has on you. I would be very surprised if your are even able to drive straight after the op due to how you will feel. I was driven home hugging a pillow and feeling like a zombie.
You should not drive for about 10 days most doctors recommend but you need to be able to do an emergency stop.
If you were to have a collision you may not be insured and may be looking at a carless driving for not being fit.

Thats just my advice Im sure others will have their own opinions.

Thanks for that. I can understand where your coming from. My op is hopefully end of janurary so ive plenty time to arrange alternative transport home. Thanks for the info though x

I would sort something else out...i waited 2 weeks before driving to let the muscles knit back together and to rest. Good luck with your op!!

Back