• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

When will I feel some restriction?

trish418

Hi I am 10 days post op after a gastric bypass. I am following a liquid only diet for 4 weeks and have no problem at all with the amount of fluid I can consume. So my question is when will I start to feel some restriction? because right now it feels like iv never had the op lol.

Around 6-8 weeks post op. For now, you should be sticking to the guidelines given to you by your bariatric team so that you don't risk stretching your pouch while it heals and recovers.

Thankyou for your reply, I am sticking 100% to the guiedlines and am on liquids only and will not defer from this until I absolutely can. I was just wondering when the restriction would kick in, planning ahead really and getting my head around things.

Its mostly that the nerve in your stomach was cut, so until it heals around 6-8 weeks you won't feel much restriction. its the reason why that's around the time that hospitals move us on to solids.

Thanks for the info I didnt know that either, makes sense though!

Back