• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

where to start? Appeal template required can any one help?

gingernutter

Some of you will already know that I was refused my funding for my by-pass last month on the grounds I do not fit their local criteria. I do fit the NICE guide line but my PCT do not work to them. I have spent all this time licking my wounds. It is now time to write my appeal. Can any one offer me a copy of their appeal letter as I just dont know where to start. I have a BMI of 50+ with high blood pressure, high cholesterol, arthritis plus a long list of other things which added up amount t a miserable existence. I am now on antidepressants since being turned down for the surgery. If the PCT are trying to push me over the edge they are doing a dam good job. Any idea will be very welcome. I could do with a template to ajust to my own case.

sarah I haven't got a template, but I could put something together for you and email to you either tomorrow or Tuesday to see if there is anything you could use. Speak to you soon.

Hi Sarah
Is there anyway you could get your G.P to write to the relevent cons explaining your conditions. My gp couldnt find the referral process she needed so wrote an in deepth letter which must have done the trick as got an app a few wks later. Dont give up see if you can get your gp on your side.

Ali

Back