• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Where to start.

gweni

Well its been a long journey for me... I am 33 been up and down weight wise had a double masectomy and hysterectomy before iw as 30 and now I am so ashamed to say I am 19st 4 lb (thats the first time I have written it down))

I have no support from anyone here however I have made the decision I need a push I am a bit afraid of more surgery but am thinking of the balloon I am not sure what else to do or where to go or who to speak to

Does anyone have any advice?

Hello Gweni sorry to hear about your life story
I cant offer any advise on the ballon but im sure others on here will be able to help more
in the meantime take care of yourself

Hi Gwenie.. you say your weights been up and down is this all your adult life ? or since you had the ops? I'm 8 days post sleeve so don't know a lot about the balloon but most of us on here have had life long weight struggles before getting to the surgery point so wondered if yours is recent and other options might be for you.

I am a PCOS sufferer so I started my weight issues when I was 16, however lately its just getting out of control and I don't know why. I have tried VLCD i have tried nutrionist after doctor etc. All blood is coming back normal but I can't figure it out so I need to try something different. I thought about the band but I do worry with more surgery I have been cut open so many times!

Are you actually overeating or is it medical issues ? if medical I'm not great for advice on that.
As you mentioned the balloon this might be an option right now as it doesn't involve surgery and is short term so losing a bit of weight quickly might give you a lift. I hope someone with a balloon replies for you. Sorry I cant be more helpful xx
Its just the sleeve was right for me based on my history yours history is very different to mine x

I think im an emotional eater at times I think sometimes my brain doesn't tell me im full and sometimes I eat 10 bowls of salad thinking... its just salad right? but eatint too much healthy isn't good either. I also thinkt he PCOS isn't helping.

I am still weighing my options.

Well that's right its what you should do I'm sure you'll get lots of support on here its late right now on a Sunday night. I'm sure tomorrow you will get tonnes of help and support in making your decision. I'll keep looking in on your progress x

Well its been a long journey for me... I am 33 been up and down weight wise had a double masectomy and hysterectomy before iw as 30 and now I am so ashamed to say I am 19st 4 lb (thats the first time I have written it down))

I have no support from anyone here however I have made the decision I need a push I am a bit afraid of more surgery but am thinking of the balloon I am not sure what else to do or where to go or who to speak to

Does anyone have any advice?

Hi Gwenie how are you doing ?

Google them all. I think as the balloon is less invasive, hopefully the process should be much less confusing for you.

Back