• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

12 days post op

Loooy72

Hi all,

I am hoping for some advise, I am now 12 days post op, felt good at the weekend, but today I feel awful! Really bad headache, very lethargic, constant belly gas rumbles, very light headed and feeling hungry for the first time since the op..
Do you think I need to eat more?
I am having at least 2 litres of nas squash per day, plus cups of tea, 1 very sloppy wetabix for breakfast, approx 250ml homemade soup for lunch, puréed meat/ veg and gravy approx 200ml.
I can't think what else it would be, but I thought I was eating enough?

Thanks

Claire x

Perhaps it would help to have another snack during the day, like a protein shake maybe? Is your homemade soup Mehndi protein-based? Seems like you're doing great apart from that, I think. Maybe other people will have more ideas. All the best x

You sound like your doing great, I couldn't manage even half that at that stage. Well done. It could be your hormone changes starting to kick in? Also your vitamin in take hasn't sorted its self out yet. If your worried call your provider. Good luck xx

My soups are either cauliflower cheese, lentil and bacon or chicken.
I am just wondering maybe I'm not getting enough protein? I didn't get any specific instructions from the surgeon other than to now do 2 weeks of sloppy food, the see the dietitian !

Loopy, can you contact the dietician directly? I know each hospital is a little different. But I met the dietician before my op and have her email to contact her if i need any further help or advice. I was advised to have 60g of protein a day, not to mix protein with carbs- to eat the protein first and if still hungry have some carbs/veg etc.

Hope you get it sorted soon x

Back