• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

which is best ?

mrscinders

sleeve or bypass ??? i want to lose weight fast as possible once iv had my opp so was thinking which one is best in your oppinion x:)

Iv had the bypass so of course ild say that ;-) lol....... But I know lots of ppl who have has the sleeve and have done so so well xx

yes just seen your pics laura u have done really well x

Hi,
I had a bypass 4 week ago tomorrow and have lost over 3 1/2 stone i'm over the moon. I think the choice can depend on your conditions and eating habits to what is best for you.
Good luck,
Lyndsey x

i was just wondering as iv heard bypass you lose the most weight with is this true ?

What have your surgical team advised? they will know your case, and provided you have been honest with them which will best suit your current eating patterns. The bypass is the quickest weight loss tool but in time they deliver similar results. Good luck with your choice x

The evidence collected so far indicates that at 5 years post op the sleeve and bypass are the same. However, because the stomach pouch is so much smaller and the malabsoption means generally the bypass is faster. However, some sleevers lose fast and some bypassers lose slowly. There is no hard and fast answer to your question. Your decision should really be based on more than speed too. Good luck.

thanks karlos and i havent been advised as of yet i ahve my appointment in may were i will get my target and i think they ask me questions then x

thanks marie i think the sleeve would give me more heartburn as i already suffer from heartburn now is one more dangerouse than the other or would you say they are both the same were danger is concerned x

I had GORD for which I took Omeprazole before but none now, I think it's more to do with losing the weight and not eating bread pastry etc.

Wow Lyndsey your weight loss has been amazing hun, I am so looking forward to my journey and stories like your as inspiring xx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Hey sweetpea.... only you and your surgeon can decide this! get your info and peoples experience from this site but not what the majority of people say for what op you ask for!.... do some research on google so your armed as best as you can for your chat with your surgeon, and see which op best suits YOUR needs...

my reasons for choosing a sleeve was i was a volume eater that lived off carbs and bypassed sweets icecream cake for the crisps and chips etc... so the sleeve suited me and my needs which the surgeon agreed with.... however they say! that if sweets cake choc ice cream etc float your boat then the bypass is better as you ve the threat of dumping etc which is enough to warrant off the temptation of sneaking one more choc :)

its a very personal decision that has to be made right the first time! and with the help of your surgeon and your research on the two ops you ll choose the right one!

good luck xxx

Well I like all those foods but I'm a bread eater more than anything cheese sandwiches are my fave and bacon so maybe the sleeve would be better will have to speak to my surgeon thanks x

Back