• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Slim fast

Laura b

2011 a new begginning
I'm thinking of starting the slimfast diet has anyone else done it and lost weight? I want to get as much weight off as possible b4 surgery and although I'm eating healthily was thinking of giving slim fast a try?? I was gonna do this as my pre op diet but I'm thinking I'm gonna do the milk one instead, also I was speaking to the lady in the funding department who also deals with appointments for surgery and she said sometimes they give u 2 weeks notice for surgery and according to the sheet of dietician I'm meant to b on pre op for 3-4 wks so ild hate for me to get 2 wks notice and to do milk diet and my liver to still b too big for surgery do I'm thinking slim fast then milk diet?? Xx

Hi Laura, I lost two stones during the summer with replacing one meal a day with a slimfast shake... it helped me and I'll be going back onto it once my chest problem is easier... I'm off milk products right now... but in the longer term... I found that slim fast was ideal for me... particularly during the summer months... I hope to go back to it again sometime.

Love and hugs, good luck xxx

Laura, are you still breast feeding? If so then I would advise against slimfast for now.

Otherwise, if you think you can do it then go for it!

Hi Laura, I didn't know that you may be breast feeding... I would do as Sam suggests if so... take care precious...

Love and hugs Angel xxx

Hi both
I am still breast feeding but like once a day if that as I'm weaning him on foods now as he's 6 months but he has been havin bottles in preparation to me goin bk to work and also for my op wen I'm in hospital I bet by next week he b fully weaned was thinking of doin it once he's weaned??
2 stone is brill bev gonna try wat meal did u replace xx

I'm diabetic and this seemed to suffice for both lunch and in accordance with my blood sugar levels during the summer. At the moment I am off all milk since being diagnosed with pleurisy several weeks ago...

I would be just a touch cautious and check with your GP just to be sure Angel if you are still breast feeding...

But for the future... as long as you don't feel over tired when your return to work and it's medically ok for you to go ahead... it certainly did work for me and alongside the lunch slimfast replacement.. I ate weight watchers meals and desserts for dinner later in the day...

So tread cautiously until you are certain precious. The worst thing that could happen is that you get all run down prior to your surgery and after having had your baby...

But you are going to do it in time... like me, you have slowly developed the mindset and it's the mind I find which is so important.

Love and hugs to you and yours Laura.

Bev xxx

I think I'll wait till iv completely stopped breast feeding them try it thanks bev and hope ur starting to feel a bit better lovely
Love and hugs to u xxxxxx

That sounds really sensible to me.... I'm not medically trained.... but just an older Mother... and I would say... give your baby the best possible start and the best nutrition you can Angel... your time is coming and you've got a great attitude... we'll be going through together.

Take care Laura... love and hugs xxx

Back