• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Which is worse C Section or Bypass?

clar01

I had a C Section last year and have been wondering how the pain and recovery from a bypass is compared to a c section?

Can anyone compare that has had both?

Xxx

I'm not going to be much help here as I haven't had either I'm a sleever lol, but most hospitals now do bypass via keyhole surgery which is approximately 5 small incisions. I had key hole for my sleeve and can't compare it to c section but the recovery was ok, I was sore for a week but very little pain. I had to remind myself I had the op and to take it easy lol. Hope someone that has had both comes along to help u soon x

I'm a bypasser,never had a c section with my children,but I will in all honestly say the pain after the bypass is bearable.
The wind pains are the worse bit about the operation.

I've had both and I think the C-section was worse. Bigger incision for starters and didn't have time to rest properly with a newborn in the house and no family nearby to help out.

No C section but I had open bypass (Cut from breast bone to belly button)
and tummy tuck cut (hip to hip) and I had more pain from the bypass,
But as Nellyphant said at least with a bypass the only baby you have got to take care of is your new baby pouch

I had a c-sec after my last baby plus and open bypass last November. It's a different kind of pain really. With the c-sec it was sore and tender but the only discomfort was getting in and out of bed. With my open bypass I too had a opening breast bone to naval and the worst of it was moving as I seemed to have to use all my stomach muscles. My pain was bearable and kept under control with the medicines I was given same as my c-sec.

It's all soon forgotten to be honest, you'll be fine.

csection!

I had a c-section with my first in 98, and a bypass last Friday. I was just saying to my hubbie that my keyhole bypass was much much easier. I was up and about quicker, and felt discomfort rather than pain. I'm only a week tomorrow and only feel a slight stitch now, and a bit uncomfortable when I twist or bend down.
It's honestly been a lot easier than I thought. Hope it goes that way for you too. I was worried about the pain afterwards but have been surprised.
Em xx

I've had both and on the basis you have keyhole surgery then c section is much worse!

No question........c section:eek:

Not had c section but if a total hysterectomy counts against keyhole ill say hysterectomy is far worse & much longer recovery time.

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

I had C Section and Bypass and C Section recovery was much worse than bypass for me.

Back