• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Poll - Bronze diary section.

How soon should a member be granted access to Bronze Diary Section?

• 100 posts

Votes: 15 39.5%
  • 150 posts

Votes: 6 15.8%
  • 200 posts

Votes: 14 36.8%
  • More (please post a comment to say how many you think)

Votes: 3 7.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sambucca

I was wondering what everyone felt about the bronze diary section.

The idea behind having a private section is that it cannot be googled, and it is a privelege for established members. Personally I much prefer having my diary in a private area where it is away from the real world and I can get my thoughts down without worrying that any Tom, Dick or Harry can read them. You currently need 200 posts to be able to view/post in Bronze section.

So, how many posts do you feel a member should need to have before having access to the bronze section. Are you encouraged to post more to gain access to this section? Or can you not be bothered with it due to the number of posts needed?

Your votes and comments appreciated x

id say a 100 posts as the diarys are great to read for all and if somone has posted 100 times there getting well involved in the site, if you have to wait till say 500 posts you may be missing some valuble information in the early days x how many posts do you need to see the diarys at the moment?

Last edited:
I agree with the 200 as i think it should def be for peeps who have taken the time to post and get to know others before they get to read person info that we write in our diarys.

I personally think 100 posts would be ideal. I have been on this site for quite a while even though I haven't been posting as much (I'm shy). I agree though that the majority of people who are on the site are here for a reason and that is to gain as much information and make friends. The diary section is so valuable if you are going through with WLS. I have had my surgery and I still love to read them to make sure what I am experiencing now is "normal". Hope this makes sense.

You've all made good points so far ladies. Dont forget to vote as well by clicking on your choice at the top of the thread.

Just giving this a bump. Please vote if you haven't already done so.

I've voted for 200 posts as I think the long standing members deserve that respect and privacy. However, I'm at the stage where I would like to start a diary, if nothing more than to get my ramblings down, but still don't want all of the world to see it but 200 posts seem an awful way off. You will never be able to please everybody and it's more important to protect the long standing members so I say 200.

OOh I never thought about my diary being googled:eek::eek::eek:Ok then I reckon peeps should have done 200 posts before reading dairy section;)

I've voted for 200 posts as I think the long standing members deserve that respect and privacy. However, I'm at the stage where I would like to start a diary, if nothing more than to get my ramblings down, but still don't want all of the world to see it but 200 posts seem an awful way off. You will never be able to please everybody and it's more important to protect the long standing members so I say 200.

Hi Debz,

You could start your diary in the normal diary section - and then have it moved to the bronze section once you hit 200 posts. Just be aware that in the normal diary section it is open for all to see.

OOh I never thought about my diary being googled:eek::eek::eek:Ok then I reckon peeps should have done 200 posts before reading dairy section;)

Candie, its only 200 posts for the bronze diary section hun. The "normal" diary section is open to everyone. If you are worried about being googled I can move your diary for you.

I agree with 200, as then you've had to spend time getting to know the site etc before you get access to personal diaries.

Could you look at locking diarys just to be read by 'friends'? If you had options of 'friends' or say 'members only' or 'open access' you'd get round the 200 posts thing and still maintain privacy for those who want it?

xx

200 - for all the good reasons others have said(6 people have given reasons for it to be 200 posts - as opposed to only 2 people giving reasons for it to be less than 200 posts)

There will still be plenty of good diaries to be read in the normal diaries section (plus not everyone who "can" will necessarily move to the bronze section)

Just giving this a final bump before the poll closes tomorrow. It looks like 200 posts is just ahead, so if we get no other votes on the poll we'll leave entry to bronze as it is.

Last chance to have your say....

It never occurred to me that I was writing anything of any interest to anyone other than those concerned with weight loss surgery. But I think 100 is a good number.

I personally think a 100 is a good number. Having a yahoo group i know a lot of 'dedicated' members enjoy reading posts from other members but don't want to actively take part themselves. I have a diary and to be perfectly honest if i was worried about anyone reading anything i put on here or in there i would not be here in the first place. Personally i believe when you post on the internet you are opening your life up for examination, if you don't want it read then you need to censor your ramblings before hitting the publish button.

Personally i believe when you post on the internet you are opening your life up for examination, if you don't want it read then you need to censor your ramblings before hitting the publish button.

I have to disagree with you Julie. I personally feel that this is the only place I can talk openly about my issues with food and my weight. I feel I am understood here and people in my real life couldnt possibly understand why I overate, or why I was so big.

Theres nothing wrong with wanting to keep my weight issues private from my real life friends and family and having a private area on here allows me to do that. I know others feel the same.

The poll is closed now peeps, and 100 posts has pipped 200 to the post, so I'll arrange for Pierce to make the necessary changes.

Thanks so much for participating and leaving your thoughts. Its your forum so its important that it does what YOU want it to do.

I think it is great that you let people have a say, as i am new even 100 posts seems so far away but as i'm here for the long haul(i hope) then 200 posts will be nothing soon enough. I am looking forward to reading the diaries and hope to start one of my own soon enough x

Back