• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Which preop diet did you have to follow?

morph

I am interested to see that different people have different diets recommended.

I have to go down the low fat, low carb route before my band on 15th March:

1 weetabix with skimmed milk for breakfast

half a chicken breast and salad for lunch

chicken again for dinner with 2 tablespoons veg, no potatoes.

Obviously the chicken can be replaced with other low fat proteins.

So what did you have?

boring milk diet :(

I was on the cup-a-soup and jelly diet. :(

Your pre-op sounds delicious :)) boring milk diet here - 2 lts milk, 1 lt of tea/coffee/no sugar squash and 1 cup of oxfam cube (which by now I'm already fed up with taste!!) :(

Your pre-op sounds delicious :)) boring milk diet here - 2 lts milk, 1 lt of tea/coffee/no sugar squash and 1 cup of oxfam cube (which by now I'm already fed up with taste!!) :(
Trust me, 2 weeks of tomato cup-a-soup can send you to a dark place lol.

Kim try 12 weeks of, 8 weightwatchers yougurts and a pint of semi skimmed milk......
I believe I may have killed several people eating thier lunch walking around town during my pre op....
But no point moaning its done for a reason and results were amazing.

Good luck on your pre op Morph

Mine was set at the Luton and Dunstable hospital.

4 pints of semi skimmed milk
1 stock cube
1 multi vitamin
Sugar free jelly

I did the milk diet - 4 pints s/s milk and 2 pints other liquid plus a salty drink and option of 3 stick chewing gum and a sugar free jelly. Must admit it helped get me in the right mindframe of the op in terms of not having food in my mouth. Worked too - lost 12 pounds!

I was advised to do the low carb low fat diet (similar to the one on the BOSPA site) because of diabetes. The first week was a doddle but the second week was a little bit more difficult. I still managed to lose 10lb though. Mxx

Back