• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Which surgery?

Venusgirl

Hi all,
I wonder if anyone has any useful links or can provide any information about which type of surgery suits which type of eater?
I'm swayed towards the sleeve at the moment but if the bypass would suit my eating habits better then I need to consider this seriously also.
Hope someone can help :)

Last edited:
I went to see my consultant wanting the sleeve but ended up coming away with the bypass !!! he had advised me not to have the sleeve due to acid reflux problems im having.... the consultant will advise you on what he think will work best for you........ I looked at all options when i done my research... :) best of luck with your choice xx

hi hun,

It all depends on what type of eater you are? i was a binge eater i would always choose chocolate, crisps and sweets over a dinner allday everyday, I chose the bypass as this would give me the ultimate slap on the wrist if i ate chocolate or cakes, I was advised to have the band and i refused and after seeing a new surgeon he agreed that the bypass was more suited to me and that i would cheat the band as soon as the oppertunity arose x if i was you i'd google every option and try and see where you fit in the grand scale of over eaters or naughty eaters (i was both) xx all the best xxx

I'm a bit of both myself but I worry about never being able to have a little of what I fancy ever again!!! However it's having the control to only have a little bit that I struggle with which has got me where I am today!

I'm a bit of both myself but I worry about never being able to have a little of what I fancy ever again!!! However it's having the control to only have a little bit that I struggle with which has got me where I am today!
some sleevers dump too, i took this from a post from sharonimo, good read, good luck :) xxx

Common Side Effects of Gastric Sleeve Surgery

Venusgirl said:

Banders don't so you can have that chocolate, cake etc HOWEVER you need the willpower to restrict, so in considering your options decide if you want the flexibility to choose yourself what you eat or have the choice removed for you x

I wont Lie to you and say you wont miss the choice But.......it was having the choice that got me into the trouble in the 1st place, My choice was soley based on like the other lady say having the choice removed for me, I don't have any will power and that why the band wouldn't have worked for me.

I do miss eating my childrens birthday cake or having the rocky horrer pudding at the local harvester :cry:but then on the other hand i didn't like being 29 and walking like a 90 year old as i ended up with arthrits in both knees, also i didn't enjoy looking in the mirror in a new outfit and looking like i was carrying twins lol x now i'm healthy and active, i'v reached my weight loss goal and now looking to get back into work as my health regarding my mobility has been reverted back to when i was a fit & healthy 19year old :D:D:D.
If your like me then having the option removed for you would be best but as everyones says the operation is not on your head so you will crave the sweet stuff and the big portions.....i'm only 9 months out so only time will tell if i stop craving xxxx

Back