• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Surgery in Mexico anyone?

chaos69

I have tried dieting many times, but still cant seem to get it right. Its now come to the point where I am thinking that WLS (sleeve or bypass) is my only option. I dont think I would get NHS funding and don't know if I could face all the fighting to get it, that some of you have had to do.

I now have hypertension and type 2 diabetes and getting worried what other health problems I will end up with if I continue down this route.

I have looked at going private, but the UK prices are beyond what I can afford. Has anyone had the Surgery privately in Cancun or Tijuana, Mexico. There prices seem much more within my price range even when I take into consideration flights and any hotel stays. If anyone has been to mexico to have this surgery, please let me know how it went and what you thought of their care.

Im just at such a low point and thinking going private would be my only option.

Hello Chaos 69
welcome to the group. Only judging by what you say you could fit into whatever your PCT tick list is have a chat with yiur gp see if they a clue how long/ short the waiting time is
you have notging to lose....other than some hard earned money
good luck

Hi Chaos, welcome!!

I too was in your position and I decided to go to the Czech Republic for my surgery in May. All went very well and I'm very pleased I took that leap of faith to just do it!

If you need any advice following from my journey just ask, I wish you all the best in the world for your journey xx

How much is it to have I bypass in Mexico ? I am looking I to having one myself either Belgium or lithuinia

I'm in Ireland and there is no option here but to go private as our health care won't cover anything like this.

If you are going abroad stick to europe, its a long haul flight to mexico. My surgeon said you needed two weeks after a long haul flight before an op due to risk of blood clot. The same goes for after the op and believe me having just had a sleeve a week ago i wouldnt fancy flying 10 hours.
I know alot of people here will be able to advise you about europe.
Good luck

Has anyone had the Surgery privately in Cancun or Tijuana, Mexico. There prices seem much more within my price range even when I take into consideration flights and any hotel stays. If anyone has been to mexico to have this surgery, please let me know how it went and what you thought of their care.

The only people I am aware of who regularly go to Mexico for private surgery are from the US and Canada. Really the cost and risk of long-haul flights after major surgery is too big.

(One of the many risks is deep vein thrombosis on a long-haul flight, which is a much greater risk long-haul than on a short 1 or 2 hour flight across Europe -- lack of medical care for up to 12 hours whilst travelling back, etc.)

In Europe all European citizens are also entitled to European health cover.

==

There are lots of quality providers in Europe, in France, Belgium and the Czech Republic (at very reasonable prices).

If you do various different google searches trying:

"gastric band france"
"gastric bypass Czech Republic"
"gastric sleeve Belgium"

etc etc .......you will find there are lots of providers to choose from. Do look into each one carefully.

Back