• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Whittington Hospital, London Anyone?

Hi all, I'm new to the site. Was looking for some more info from people who've had their ops at the Whit and came across the site. I'm under Sufi. Had my first appointment (with Heath) this week and have been referred for sleep study. Anyone else had this done? Wondering what goes on. Also wondering how long people have had to wait once on the waiting list - i've been told 8 weeks from then. Should go onto list on 2nd Nov so hoping it will be done in Jan. What do you guys reckon? Am I kidding myself?

I went on the list on Nov 16th but op is on March 2nd, Mr sufi`s list is longer at the mo as he had an op on his knee so had time off.

Hi Roch...I'm in for 26th March - not long after you. Getting excited now x

Hi everyone...I'm also under the Whittington.

Have had all my tests done and just waiting on funding which hopefully I will hear something about this week...can anyone who is under Mr Sufi tell me if they were told to lose weight before their next appointment and what happens if you don't lose it? Does that mean you can't have the op?

Many Thanks

Emz XxX

Hi Emz, I did PM you earlier, did Mr Sufi tell you to lose weight ? if he did then you must, he told me to at least maintain but i'm trying to lose some, to show commitment really. Hope you're good, Jan x

Mr Sufi is also my surgeon and I'm afraid he is very strict about losing weight prior to surgery. At one of my appts with him I'd gained a couple of kilo and he wasn't pleased, saying he was quite prepared to cancel my surgery if i didn't lose. Thankfully I'd lost it again before I saw him next.

Good luck with everything x

Hi everyone...I'm also under the Whittington.

Have had all my tests done and just waiting on funding which hopefully I will hear something about this week...can anyone who is under Mr Sufi tell me if they were told to lose weight before their next appointment and what happens if you don't lose it? Does that mean you can't have the op?

Many Thanks

Emz XxX

Mr Sufi is very strict and if u r told to lose weight and u dont then he can put a hold on ur op, i was told to lose weight other wise i could not have a bypass, hope this helps u xx

I'm also a Whit patient, but I was under Heath.

Good luck!! Do everything they ask you to do and you'll get your op quickly!!!

xxxxxxxxxxxx

Back