• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Anyone under the Whittington or from Enfield / North London

Emmie-Loulou

Hi Everyone,

I'm Emmie, I live in Edmonton / Enfield and I'm awaiting a gastric bypass. I'm currently under the Whittington Hospital in Archway. My consultant is Mr Sufi - who I have heard nothing but great reviews about. I've had most of my appointments and am currently just awaiting funding to be agreed by Enfield PCT - however they have recently changed policies and so all I can do is sit back and wait.

I'm looking to meet people in similar position as myself. I look forward to making many friends. XxX

Hi Emmie

Welcome to the site, I am new here myself and everyone has been very supportive. I hope you get your funding soon. Ask lots of questions here there is always someone who will be able to answer you. xx

Hi i 2 am a Whitt patient and had the amazing Mr Sufi i had my bypass on March 2nd this year. I live in Enfield and got to say they are really slow and strict with the funding especially now as they have changed their criteria and no longer go on the Nice criteria recommendations.
Good luck and i hope u get ur funding soon, take care x

Clinical issues raised at Enfield Commissioning Executive on 5th November 2009:

PB explained the item to the group, noting that the criteria for bariatric surgery had been discussed at previous meetings and had been set at a BMI of 50+. JH referred to the Bariatric Surgery Report previously circulated, pointing out that patients with a BMI less than 50 were receiving surgery. JH highlighted that this could be due to consultant to consultant referrals. SH responded, stating that the Trust could inform providers not to accept cases that have not been approved.

SH queried whether NHS Enfield has a procedure regarding funding of surgery that had not been approved by the Trust as money could be claimed back. SH agreed to look into this further.

Following a short discussion it was agreed that the following changes be made to the Bariatric Surgery Report:

• Following the first sentence on page 2, “including a risk based assessment to be added.
  • The second option on page 2 should read “Raise the bar on the access criteria, for example only patients with a BMI of 50+ (recommendation from the ECE)
  • The third option should be removed
  • The final 3 bullet points on page 2 should be removed.

funding

I havent heard anything about funding despite emails and my doctor writing letters. I cannot get any reply from Enfield and i must have been waiting coming up for a year now. Any advise because last i heard it was all on hold due to them reviewing the funding policy but it seems they have done that now.

you could always try to contact the ncl individual funding request team. as they are now dealing with referals with regards to funding. i tried and was turned down by enfield pct but then retried and they dealt well with this and as of 13th jan 2012 i had my funding agreed. now i'm waiting to see surgeon. check out their website. NHS North Central London to get contact details. good luck xx

Back